• Biblical Families is not a dating website. It is a forum to discuss issues relating to marriage and the Bible, and to offer guidance and support, not to find a wife. Click here for more information.

Support “Paperwork” marriage

katykat

Female
Hi, friends! Dean has chosen for us not to get a marriage license. I am his first (and only, at the moment) wife. I am working on a name change. Besides the obvious POA, healthcare POA and will, what other documents have you used to create a so-called paperwork marriage? Thank you!

Only a 'ketubah', agreed to by both husband and wife.

(Other arrangements, like a 'constitutional common law trust' have value, but are separate issues. Some have been addressed at length elsewhere on the site.)

Thank you! I am looking more for suggestions regarding legal paperwork that ensures that we are able to act as “legal” husband and wife should the need arise (i.e., one of us is incapacitated).

A 'ketubah,' or signed marriage contract/covenant should suffice for most issues (for example, hospitalization, in the event of incapacitation, to forbid Fauci-cide). A old-style family Bible with such an entry is actually still recognized as 'legal proof' in most states (as it has been through US history, in lieu of a "birth certificate" now demonstrating proof-of-ownership).

A 'power of attorney' can also be executed. (And can often be 'limited' to financial, or medical issues, etc.)

A 'ketubah,' or signed marriage contract/covenant should suffice for most issues (for example, hospitalization, in the event of incapacitation, to forbid Fauci-cide). A old-style family Bible with such an entry is actually still recognized as 'legal proof' in most states (as it has been through US history, in lieu of a "birth certificate" now demonstrating proof-of-ownership).

A 'power of attorney' can also be executed. (And can often be 'limited' to financial, or medical issues, etc.)
Great information…. Thank you.

mariechen and i were married 37 years ago and we had what would be considered a legal marriage jen and i were married 16 years ago we have a covenant marriage when we've had to fill out legal paperwork she has always identified myself as her husband and i have signed as her husband and she is my wife not one time including dealing with our insurance auto loans internal revenue service have we ever been questioned we created our own certificate of covenant of marriage and that has worked for us every single time we needed it debbie and i have done the same thing 6 years ago with the same results i am a real person with three real wives and that has been the way we've done it

Back