• Biblical Families is not a dating website. It is a forum to discuss issues relating to marriage and the Bible, and to offer guidance and support, not to find a wife. Click here for more information.

Support Notifications?

NeoPatriarch

Real Person
Male
I access BF primarily on my Android Pixel 2xl. Many sites I followed have notifications. Does BF? I cannot imagine it doesn't, but I do not see how to activate it.

If not, it sure would be a nice feature.

If you follow a thread you can get emails telling you when someone replies on it.

I get emails for those and private messages.

You'll also automatically get notifications for threads you start yourself -- unless you opt out.

If you click your name, top right of the page, and look in the dropdown menu, you'll see various preferences links.

Under "Alert Preferences" you choose what things you want to get alerted about. These alerts come up in the "Alerts" menu, also top right of the page.

Under "Preferences" you select whether you want to get email notifications of replies to threads that you start.

Under "Contact details" you select whether you want to get email notifications of new conversation messages.

Yeah, I got all that selected. What I'm asking for is my phone to say, "You got a new message from soandso on BF" right on my lock screen.

Those would be like most other notifications I get throughout the day.

Email notification is fine, I just assumed that the other was available.

Thanks for responding.

Robert

Back