• Biblical Families is not a dating website. It is a forum to discuss issues relating to marriage and the Bible, and to offer guidance and support, not to find a wife. Click here for more information.

Random Comments

Remarkable how east it is to see how this translates to plural marriage. Not to mention the benefits to children of just more parents to love and care for them
Not just parents, siblings too! .....and neices, nephews, aunts and uncles, in-laws and friends of the family.

In our experience with plural, you find out whom of your blood relatives are willing to live and judge "by THE book," and if those that are unwilling to let the Bible define sin break fellowship with us over our family....it honestly says more about THEM than us.

Not just parents, siblings too! .....and neices, nephews, aunts and uncles, in-laws and friends of the family.

In our experience with plural, you find out whom of your blood relatives are willing to live and judge "by THE book," and if those that are unwilling to let the Bible define sin break fellowship with us over our family....it honestly says more about THEM than us.
Good addition

On mine and my wife's side, we were lucky in that all of our blood relatives and relatives by marriage etc all did not so much as blink when we popped up with a new wife. Welcomed her in and treated her like she had always been a part of the family.

You are not missing out

More than a little mixed messaging going on in my experience. Several of them beat a drum that might be seen as on the plural marriage spectrum...a few even using biblical citations to buttress their notions. The trouble is that a little later one of the ones who made the parallel to plural marriage claims will next talk to you about his polycule "family" and attempt to explain all of the various comings and goings and interconnected nature. Ugh. Oh, and wait till you make the mistake of putting you foot in it by looking confused and asking 'What the hell is a fluid bond?" I thought it might be some sort of pagan ritual ceremony of some such. Honestly would have not surprised me. The truth did and I will not dwell on it.
And then there are the guys who think that it is appropriate to proposition the women with me or the woman sitting next to her husband openlypropositioning me. I am sighing and shaking my head typing this blather
Then there is the fun bit where a spherical version of Bilbo Baggins catches your eye to explain how he is Domasaurus Rex, leader of men and trainer of slaves.
Sigh....OK pal.
Makes me tired to think about.
Egalitariasm causes brain worms in their head.

Best ones to me are one having trouble with "one penis policy". 🤣🤣🤣🤣🤣🤣

Maybe maybe, men and women are different and you can't use same rules for both.

Egalitariasm causes brain worms in their head.

Best ones to me are one having trouble with "one penis policy". 🤣🤣🤣🤣🤣🤣

Maybe maybe, men and women are different and you can't use same rules for both.
That is the exact policy argument that I have encountered on multiple occasions. Even from woman who have messaged me to try to scold me for wanting to be a cheater in their mind...yeah, OK lady, you came to the wring window. If someone is interested in plural marriage just to have additional sexual partners they you are the type I would advise to reexamine their motives and I make that really clear in a profile on sites...explicitly quite religions ones. They will try all the arguments. Biblical claims which are false and even someone with my inexpertise can generally hand wave them away. Inevitably it always gets to the 'well if you have other sex partners then so should I'.
Poor logic and most have never really thought the equation through or have so many culturally ingrained mental barriers. I also don't think that no matter how i phrase things that they can simply consider my goals on their face.

It must always be about sexual access or egotism or or or or...

You must have one messed up family… just kidding! That must be nice 👍🏻
My former plural wife's family was not on board unfortunately.

Supportive family makes all the difference.
We were surprised in that nobody so much as bat an eye. No apparent surprise. No quizzes on how the dynamic worked. Nothing. Just welcomed her in.
Will admit that I was mildly disappointed about the lack of desire for definition of terms. I was looking forward to my opportunity to proselytize for plyg-life

What's insane to me is plural is literally exactly this same thing but with a commitment to the second woman. Security and the assurance that those twins wouldn't grow up and lose someone they grew to love deeply.

This is also the type of idea that never seem to occur to those on the outside.

They are seeing the concept through very unfortunate filters

Back