• Biblical Families is not a dating website. It is a forum to discuss issues relating to marriage and the Bible, and to offer guidance and support, not to find a wife. Click here for more information.

Support Scary moment driving home today.

Rose of Sharon

Real Person
Female
I went to run some errands today. I live in a small town in East Texas with one stop sign. I noticed that when I went through the stop sign, a grey SUV was following me. I was heading home on my very rural road and this car began flashing his lights from bright to off. He kept doing this for about a mile. I sped up each time to get distance between him and I. He eventually gave up and turned around. When I got home, I warned my mother about it because it was her car and we look so much alike. She said that she would not stop. Mother in law said to call 911 if it happened again which I relayed to my mother. This is to everyone. Please be careful out there when you are alone. There are some crazy people who want to do you harm.

I went to run some errands today. I live in a small town in East Texas with one stop sign. I noticed that when I went through the stop sign, a grey SUV was following me. I was heading home on my very rural road and this car began flashing his lights from bright to off. He kept doing this for about a mile. I sped up each time to get distance between him and I. He eventually gave up and turned around. When I got home, I warned my mother about it because it was her car and we look so much alike. She said that she would not stop. Mother in law said to call 911 if it happened again which I relayed to my mother. This is to everyone. Please be careful out there when you are alone. There are some crazy people who want to do you harm.
Whoa! Thanks to God for your protection and delivering you safely home.

You live in Texas so I hope you were carrying.

I do carry but most of the time, I keep it in a hiding place in my home so I can easily access it. My Dad actually gripped me out today for not having it on me when I left.
I think your dad is correct

You should probably walk your car and make sure there is nothing visibly wrong or poking out. Always possible that there was a fuel cap dangling, a near flat tire or a seat belt hang out of a closed foor or some such. Potential good Samaritan situation. That said, as a woman alone I would not have engaged with a stranger whether you were armed or not

Back