• Biblical Families is not a dating website. It is a forum to discuss issues relating to marriage and the Bible, and to offer guidance and support, not to find a wife. Click here for more information.

Separation of Church and State or Freedom of Speech

truthfinder1967

Good Evening brothers and sisters,

I know most of you have probably ran across this little news article, but I ma going to post it here in case there are some that have not read this.

http://news.yahoo.com/s/ap/20080619/ap_ ... ense_plate

If this link doesnt work...just copy and paste it into your browser. Lets here what you are thinking. Good nite, God Bless.

Chris

When I hear someone quote the Danbury Baptist letter line without understanding, I generally make them a no-strings offer:

$200 if you can show me where that line is in the Constitution. (It used to be $100, but the same folks usually believe the OTHER Big Lie that there is "no inflation" in these united States. After all, the Fed tells me so!)

I like to follow it up with a corollary offer, too! Double the money if you can find the word "Democracy" in ANY form in any of the Founding Documents (Declaration, Constitution, or Bill of Rights).

Mark C said:
When I hear someone quote the Danbury Baptist letter line without understanding, I generally make them a no-strings offer:

$200 if you can show me where that line is in the Constitution. (It used to be $100, but the same folks usually believe the OTHER Big Lie that there is "no inflation" in these united States. After all, the Fed tells me so!)

I like to follow it up with a corollary offer, too! Double the money if you can find the word "Democracy" in ANY form in any of the Founding Documents (Declaration, Constitution, or Bill of Rights).

The title of the post is just that, a title nothing more. It was to put a link to a story I found interesting, but then again apparently the title was more interesting than the link to the story :)

The comment wasn't intended to imply that you didn't know what most Americans today unfortunately don't, Chris.

And you might be right about the title as opposed to the story, too. ;)

The reason I occasionally react to stories like that one are related to the fallacies that underlie the assumptions associated with license plates, state-created "churches", and all the trappings of the "modern church-state"...

...it's a bit like a slave begging Caesar to allow a competing Roman god to be advertised on Caesar's car. (They're all too often the same folks - like a 'church' we saw just yesterday - who advertise for a "Gay Rights Workshop" in the main hall outside the sanctuary. They don't mind a man having another man as a 'wife' - so long as it's Just One at a Time. :roll: )

Back