• Biblical Families is not a dating website. It is a forum to discuss issues relating to marriage and the Bible, and to offer guidance and support, not to find a wife. Click here for more information.

An Introduction

bmg

Greetings,

When I came to faith, in 1987. I was one of many Mike's so I being 6'7" was dubbed "bigmike". It seems to fit and I have just always used it.

I was invited to join this site from a couple I've know for nearly 20 years. You know them as RAY & DEEANN. I have spend a lot of time on the phone with Ray, and have come to appreciate his insight and understanding of the Word. Ray encouraged me to start my own home bible study and be the Patriarch of my family. Gods' blessings have been more than I can fathom. By having a time of study, my family and I have grown closer.

I feel it is important that I introduce myself before I input my two-bits on various subjects. It is important to me that everyone be aware that I am a believer in the finished work of our Lord, Jesus. I am also soujourning in this land, awaiting for the Lords return, being a witness for his name, and faithful to my calling; exercising my gifts for the better-ment of the entire body. Also I want folks to know that I not some "nut-job" who stumbled onto this site, my brother Ray can vouch for my authencity.

I am a long haul truck driver who works Sunday-Friday. I take my sabbath on Saturdays just like our Jewish breathern do. I am in no since of the word a legalist, but this is the job God has provided, and these are the required hours/days that I have to work. So getting a quick responce on any subject may be hard to do. As I begin to be confortable with the various brothers on this site, I'll pass my cell phone on. Ray and I share about an hour a week, and I am always blessed by the conversation.

Blessings to all,
Bigmike

Hello bigmike, welcome, any friend of Ray's is a friend of ours! Now, if you succeed in dragging Ray and family to a retreat, we'll owe you one.
Welcome to the conversations, and let us know how we can be of service to you.

Nathan

Greetings Mike

It's great to see your posting and I look forward to your insights, may our phone fellowship spread to others as well.

Nathan, we keep trying to get out the door to a retreat but with 6 children, by the time we actually get out the door the weekend is over :D All kidding aside we want to get together with all of you and look to make it a priority at the next FL retreat.

Ray

Big Mike,

Welcome, and boy is it going to be nice to have another trucker's perspective on the board! (I am most definitely NOT a trucker, but my husband Steve is over the road, and we have a small trucking company with three trucks.)

I think you'll find this crew to be interesting, endearing and at times exasperating, just like most folks/ believers :lol: :!:

May you find the fellowship to be as special as we have.

Shalom,
Ali Elizabeth Turner

Welcome. May God richly bless you, brother

welcome, bigmike
that makes 3 of us longhaulers
rms is a heavyhaul with Keen
i am a stepdecker with Packard

i have plenty of opinions on the board
rms is more a man of action :)

On behalf of Chaplains Rose and myself.....Welcome!!!

Back