• Biblical Families is not a dating website. It is a forum to discuss issues relating to marriage and the Bible, and to offer guidance and support, not to find a wife. Click here for more information.

First Wife Benefits

Where are the women who are living this successfully? Why, if it’s a biblically acceptable marriage option, are there few that are living it successfully? 🤔
I know there’s Jolene and Meagan, Julie and N’s Babe.
Why is this?
My first wife, @MsPurple1, participates often in the ladies chat. Less so on the forum. My second wife @DanaAnn is also a member but just recently joined. I echo the sentiment that plural families are very busy and may not participate here as much as they’d like to.

@CatieF and I are still monogamous but extremely busy. I’m not nearly as active as I once was. If I were courting a second or adapting to life with an additional wife, you can guarantee I wouldn’t be on here.

@CatieF and I are still monogamous but extremely busy. I’m not nearly as active as I once was. If I were courting a second or adapting to life with an additional wife, you can guarantee I wouldn’t be on here.
Even being extremely busy.....I liked interacting here. I appreciate the kind of Christians that engage in discussions more than the kind that avoid them.
Then too, I really appreciate the women friends I have from here that are understanding of the feelings, emotions, adjustments, and joys of having a sisterwife. ....especially now that the sister in law I was closest to is now a hostile brat monster when I talk to her (she is the age of my baby sis... and I love them both) and my other sisters in law won't talk to me at all.
Particularly hilarious is how the brat monster who thought when she first met my sisterwife (when she was just the secretary) that she was "Totally adorable" blames me for wearing my poor husband down...making him feel like he must find me a sisterwife....even though he didn't want one.
Like her brother wouldnt be this way naturally... I corrupted him. :rolleyes: 🤣
Believe me, he shared his sisters sentiment ...and more.....understandably so! The neat part is she liked him back!

As life kicks into summer busy....I probably won't be around as much. I am always willing to message, befriend, or support others... even if I'm a pro poly first wife that most cannot relate to.

@Happyhen, the forum side of things tends to be more of a masculine, confrontational environment, it attracts men who want to argue about things and that is not a place most ladies feel comfortable. Although there are obvious exceptions to that rule of course, in general the ladies gravitate to the ladies chat instead and then private discussions with each other. So there are certainly ladies here, you just don't see them posting on the forum as much. Go to the ladies chat to meet all the quiet women who are lurking over there! :)

@Happyhen, the forum side of things tends to be more of a masculine, confrontational environment, it attracts men who want to argue about things and that is not a place most ladies feel comfortable. Although there are obvious exceptions to that rule of course, in general the ladies gravitate to the ladies chat instead and then private discussions with each other. So there are certainly ladies here, you just don't see them posting on the forum as much. Go to the ladies chat to meet all the quiet women who are lurking over there! :)
And @Happyhen I'm one of the exceptions he's talking about that likes the forum.... and usually feels overwhelmed by interacting with multiple people in real time....and so doesn't prioritize getting to the chat.
Evening is dinner and milking....and...

Where are the women who are living this successfully? Why, if it’s a biblically acceptable marriage option, are there few that are living it successfully? 🤔

There are some strong benefits to marriage, but it is easier to be single. Likewise there are strong benefits to polygamy, but it is easier to be monogamous. Polygamy is like advanced marriage. Everyone knows that marriage is hard. Polygamy is even harder. Those who can do it successfully are highly respected, but few can.

You might need the support. :)
I have appreciated the friendship of ladies I met here that understand....including one who is no longer here.
20 years of talking about it didn't help my sister in laws accept this.
Ironically my sisterwife's grandma seems to have accepted us fastest. She visits us most Saturdays.
I have two sister in laws that won't speak to me at all....or answer the phone....or respond to texts. One that will talk to me...but doesnt want to.
You may find this community nicer than you think!

I have two sister in laws that won't speak to me at all....or answer the phone....or respond to texts. One that will talk to me...but doesnt want to.
You may find this community nicer than you think!
In happier news....our husband has recently been invited (with her of course) to the home of one of her family members.

Last edited:
That seem positive.
Yes. He ended up not going as he had planting to do in the garden and she ended up spending a large part of Mother's day with her mom, and then dad and grandma.
I'm sure we are going to outlast their awkward....they'll have all the time they need.

Her grandma has been coming down on Saturdays so now the little on knows her Great Grandma better than her aunties. She's happy in grandma's arms. Maybe now that they see the difference, the aunties will start coming on Saturdays too!
:)
Even week is a long time to a one year old.
Some of mine at that age didn't know my mom...but knew hubby's neice. It's all about who's in their day to day life.

Back