• Biblical Families is not a dating website. It is a forum to discuss issues relating to marriage and the Bible, and to offer guidance and support, not to find a wife. Click here for more information.

Meat Mindset matters

Mark C

Seasoned Member
Real Person
Male
In Philippians 2:5, Shaul (aka Paul) wrote, "Let this mind be in you, which was also in..."
...Who?

Yes, we KNOW most English versions say, "Christ Jesus," and we also know that's incorrect. For at LEAST one obvious, undeniable reason: the name 'jesus' did not exist as such for sixteen centuries. There wasn't even a "J" in the English language until about 1600, and it first widely appeared in the 1619 KJV. (Easy to confirm: I have a facsimile copy of the 1599 Geneva Bible, and it's not in there.)

In other words, His mother never called Him, 'jesus,' nor did anyone who ever met Him in the flesh. Nor did any living person for well over a millenium.

But does that matter? "Vowel pointers," and non-existent consonants arguably weren't at ALL what Shaul was writing about. He was talking about a mindset. And, just as clearly, some folks had it, some didn't - or it wouldn't have been necessary to mention it in a letter to people in Philippi.

Even if most of xtianity today may not really know what it means, most would at least admit that the Savior, by whatever Name, was a Torah-obedient Jewish carpenter.

The late Brad Scott, in a book bearing the title above, made an excellent case about why that mattered. Especially since He never changed even the smallest "yod or tiddle" of His own Word.

Nehemiah Gordon, a scholar of antiquities, and a translator on the Dead Sea Scrolls project, was once asked by Michael Rood to look at ancient manuscripts of the Hebrew Book of Matthew, in particular, Matthew 23:2-3. The result was an excellent book he later wrote about the discrepancies in the texts, ultimately demonstrating what a single 'yod' (which looks like an apostophe ' in English) made to a verse that has been misunderstood for many centuries. It was called, The Hebrew Yeshua vs. the Greek Jesus and helps buttress the very same point the author of Philippians was making.

BTW: I have long contended that a "monogamy-only" mindset is a subset of the same issue. But the real problem is bigger.

This week's midrash begins with my statement of an understanding I now consider undeniable, by those with "eyes to see." The United States of America, as most of us once knew it, is now literally dead and buried. The die is cast, and whether the issue is economic, social, Scriptural, or legal, the diagnosis is terminal, and there is no going back.

So where does that leave those of us who know what it means to "come out of her?"

I called it "Things That Matter When Things Come Apart."

Yes, we KNOW most English versions say, "Christ Jesus," and we also know that's incorrect.

Not at all. That's one of the contemporary English language references for Jesus of Nazareth.

We do not speak Latin, Aramaic, Hebrew, Greek, or etc. We speak contemporary English.

Not at all. That's one of the contemporary English language references for Jesus of Nazareth.

We do not speak Latin, Aramaic, Hebrew, Greek, or etc. We speak contemporary English.
Most AmeriKans don't even know what "shall not be infringed means," and idiots on the USSC can't even define "woman".

But that wasn't even remotely the point of the midrash. It was about what "let this mind be in you," really means. And most are even more clueless about that. I contend it matters, more now than ever.

PS> I suspect you don't speak Ukranian OR Russian, either. But you still might know how to pronounce both the name of the guy you hate, and the guy who plays piano with his penis.

I am learning some Russian. I am not at all planning to be fluent but I wish to know enough to be able to figure out what Russian language speakers are saying without having to trust someone else's biased interpretation of what is being said.

the guy who plays piano with his penis

You did understand that this was just a skit on a comedy show, right? And that Z was not actually playing a piano with his penis, right?

I am learning some Russian. I am not at all planning to be fluent but I wish to know enough to be able to figure out what Russian language speakers are saying without having to trust someone else's biased interpretation of what is being said.

You did understand that this was just a skit on a comedy show, right? And that Z was not actually playing a piano with his penis, right?
I figured that there had to be a stool to stand on behind the piano so he could manage the trick

Eastern European and Russian entertainment are odd. I tend to withhold my usual standards of judgment when it comes to them.

In addition, most English humor evades me. Also, for the life of me I do not understand people from Melbourne Australia who are alleged to be native English speakers.

Eastern European and Russian entertainment are odd. I tend to withhold my usual standards of judgment when it comes to them.

In addition, most English humor evades me. Also, for the life of me I do not understand people from Melbourne Australia who are alleged to be native English speakers.
Oooooh boy... see if you can find some example of Shettleston or Parkehead area of Glasgow or just most of West Belfast. It is a treat.

I understand. A lot of American humour makes no sense to me (in that I understand what they're saying but didn't see why it was funny), while British and Australian humour makes perfect sense. Regarding not understanding English speakers, you should go for a trip around the southwest counties of Ireland. :)

Duh. But this is a guy who is now the military dictator. I submit that must say something...

Arguably not nearly as much as SNL. Or leftist late-night idiocy. And Monty Python was funny. (IMHO)

To the actual point of the midrash and thread...mindset does matter. So does culture, and sadly - most of what is now AmeriKan is no longer even remotely Scriptural, or even sane.

I suggest a person in doubt put the name Jesus and Yeshua in prayer to the test. Seek God's permission to do this for confirmation purpose. There are passages that say do not put God to the test. One has to figure out why what Gideon did was not violation of that warning against testing God. Also one Could add Greek pronunciation, it was Yi-ye-SuS, that is how it was recorded in Greek manuscripts. Someone conducting the test could ask the Father in the name Jesus/Yeshua/Yiyesus for a month at a time and determine if there was difference in blessings.
When our Lord stated, If you ask anything in My name, I will do it. Perhaps it mattered to God that His name will be great among nations. Perhaps pronunciation mattered. Personally I am quite annoyed that people use Jesus as curse word, for this reason to highlight sacredness of our Lord I switched to Yeshua. And when my turn comes to cursing I would want to say 'Obama'. And hopefully then it will become obvious that their use of 'Jesus' as curse word was not necessary and should be offensive.

It appears that we are invited by God to find out what is perfect will. For this reason I would not see an issue with conducting such test.

And be not conformed to this world, but be ye transformed by the renewing of your mind, that ye may prove what is that good and acceptable and perfect will of God. (Romans 12:2).

And there is another instance when God invited His people to test Him.

Bring the whole tithe into the storehouse, that there may be food in my house. Test me in this,” says the Lord Almighty, “and see if I will not throw open the floodgates of heaven and pour out so much blessing that there will not be room enough to store it. (Malachi 3:10)

Testing various usage of Our Savior's name may be necessary for those who are not convinced for themselves.

I think certain names should convey majesty as opposed to mentioned Monty Python's - the Enchanter with name 'Tim'.

Last edited:
Again, pronunciation is but the tip of the iceberg. Do we know His character?

It's our mindset that matters. He warns that the issue is to hear, "Well done, good and faithful servant," and not, "I never knew you."

Only a few decades after He walked the earth, Paul was already writing that people would fall for the Big Lie now pervading the Whore Church, and it's a big part of the reason the Whore Synagogue also rejects, "another jesus, whom we have not preached."

Duh. But this is a guy who is now the military dictator. I submit that must say something...

If he could really play a piano with his penis then I'd vote for him to be dictator. The guy would obviously have some mad skills.

Do we know His character?

We never really know anyone's character. We see or hear or read from them what they present.

Only God really knows what is inside of us.

We never really know anyone's character. We see or hear or read from them what they present.

Only God really knows what is inside of us.
I capitalized "His character" for a reason. The warning was "I never knew you." (Matthew 7:21-23)

PS> And, sure, He cares about all people. BUT, the "path that leads to destruction is wide...but narrow and difficult is the way that leads to life, and few there be who find it."

Back