• Biblical Families is not a dating website. It is a forum to discuss issues relating to marriage and the Bible, and to offer guidance and support, not to find a wife. Click here for more information.

Archie Andrew’s - America’s First Polygynist

Yeah, back in the olden days these things took a lot longer.
You had to walk a couple miles on a dusty dirt road to the general store where the Pony Express stopped before you could send a message. Then it took weeks to get a response let alone a like back in the mail from your best girl. Times sure have changed.

You had to walk a couple miles on a dusty dirt road to the general store where the Pony Express stopped before you could send a message. Then it took weeks to get a response let alone a like back in the mail from your best girl. Times sure have changed.
Don’t forget, it was uphill both ways.

Yeah, that was the horse drawn buggies Steve…..
It does take longer. My mom used to use my horse to drive my sisters to gymnastics training. One day my sis and just washed her gym bag....and the horse was moving at a brisk trot....when they realized all the fresh grass she'd been eating had made her stools loose.....too late! They basically drove right into the splatter and got covered with tiny droplets of horse poo juice. With no time to turn around...and still get there...they just had to go as they were.

Admin, is there a TMI emoji?
Its just farm life! Lol you can't be afraid of a little processed hay and ever get the kind of gal that milks stock or processes chickens.

I swear some animals engage in biological warfare. We got a cow as a 2 year old when her calf had just been weaned and she never liked me. One day I had been milking her and stood up and she took her nice long tail she had just dipped in a fresh cow pie and socked me on the cheek with it. I learned to avoid getting hit in the face with cow tails... (wet or dry) by splitting their tail hair into two sections and tying it around her back leg.
Screenshot_20240417_203319_Gallery.jpg
Very helpful!

Admin, is there a TMI emoji?
Just a continuation of a Family tradition.
That of conversations being well rounded and including topics that you might think impossible to find in a thread about cartoon characters.

Its just farm life! Lol you can't be afraid of a little processed hay and ever get the kind of gal that milks stock or processes chickens.

I swear some animals engage in biological warfare. We got a cow as a 2 year old when her calf had just been weaned and she never liked me. One day I had been milking her and stood up and she took her nice long tail she had just dipped in a fresh cow pie and socked me on the cheek with it. I learned to avoid getting hit in the face with cow tails... (wet or dry) by splitting their tail hair into two sections and tying it around her back leg.
View attachment 6912
Very helpful!
The comment was made as a joke, but it seems I bombed out on that. Oh well... .

I actually grew up on a dairy farm and milked in a herringbone shed with a pit. Anyone who has ever milked in a cowshed with a pit will have experienced all the liquid and solid delights cows can lift their tails and throw at you. So I'm not at all unfamiliar with the sorts of things you mention and have experienced a lot of others as well. Cheers

Back