• Biblical Families is not a dating website. It is a forum to discuss issues relating to marriage and the Bible, and to offer guidance and support, not to find a wife. Click here for more information.

Support Book Review

@blessedwith1, I have not forgotten about you! Been chipping away at it, got about halfway done when the Google drive stopped giving me access the other day. I’ll give you my halftime report in hopes you renew my access 😂

First impressions:
-You’re a good writer, everything is organized, thoughtful, and generally flows.

-It’s long, most of the topics and arguments will be very familiar to anyone here but so far your book is the most extensive and detailed thrashing out of them I’ve seen. I think this is over all a pro as your target audience is serious Christians unfamiliar with this topic. It could be a con too as you will loss anyone not fully committed to getting through it completely.

Recommendations:

-You clearly did your quality control, but I have a note that you misspelled “chuckled” somewhere talking about Jacob.

-@NickF has commented somewhere on here that the parable of the 10 virgin’s passage uses the marriages plural in the Greek. This might be a good thing to include in that section.

-You might try to cut down the word count, but honestly I felt like each section was detailed without being overdone. It’s the number of topics and arguments that you thoroughly tackle that makes it so long

Blessings

@NickF has commented somewhere on here that the parable of the 10 virgin’s passage uses the marriages plural in the Greek. This might be a good thing to include in that section.
Both Matthew 22 and 25 show marriages plural. γάμους

@blessedwith1, I have not forgotten about you! Been chipping away at it, got about halfway done when the Google drive stopped giving me access the other day. I’ll give you my halftime report in hopes you renew my access 😂

First impressions:
-You’re a good writer, everything is organized, thoughtful, and generally flows.

-It’s long, most of the topics and arguments will be very familiar to anyone here but so far your book is the most extensive and detailed thrashing out of them I’ve seen. I think this is over all a pro as your target audience is serious Christians unfamiliar with this topic. It could be a con too as you will loss anyone not fully committed to getting through it completely.

Recommendations:

-You clearly did your quality control, but I have a note that you misspelled “chuckled” somewhere talking about Jacob.

-@NickF has commented somewhere on here that the parable of the 10 virgin’s passage uses the marriages plural in the Greek. This might be a good thing to include in that section.

-You might try to cut down the word count, but honestly I felt like each section was detailed without being overdone. It’s the number of topics and arguments that you thoroughly tackle that makes it so long

Blessings
You are very kind; thank you for your encouragement and your suggestions! I have extended the editing period till March 15th, so if you are willing to extend your review, I would be very grateful. I will send you another link today. Thanks again!

I am considering replacing the words "biblical polygyny" throughout my book with "biblical polygamy." Biblical polygamy is polygyny, and most Christians are not familiar with the word "polygyny." What do you think?

I am considering replacing the words "biblical polygyny" throughout my book with "biblical polygamy." Biblical polygamy is polygyny, and most Christians are not familiar with the word "polygyny." What do you think?
For me personally, I would take the time to explain the word "polygyny" and use it throughout the book as it is the most accurate description for the relationships. By the time someone has read the book, they'll understand the term polygyny much better. It also makes and keeps the distinction between polygamy and polygyny - but it's your book so you write it the way you think will be best.

For me personally, I would take the time to explain the word "polygyny" and use it throughout the book as it is the most accurate description for the relationships. By the time someone has read the book, they'll understand the term polygyny much better. It also makes and keeps the distinction between polygamy and polygyny - but it's your book so you write it the way you think will be best.
I appreciate your input. Thanks.

I would agree with Frederick, explain the deference between the two in the beginning.

Back