• Biblical Families is not a dating website. It is a forum to discuss issues relating to marriage and the Bible, and to offer guidance and support, not to find a wife. Click here for more information.

Church/Worship Ideas

Could you just attend a church all together and if asked, say one is your wife and the other is her "sister." It's not technically a lie...

Could you just attend a church all together and if asked, say one is your wife and the other is her "sister." It's not technically a lie...
That is not what we are about.

Edit: We take a stand for what we know is right, knowing full well that it is unpopular. The aim is to influence outsiders. That is how they become part of this group. Some will accept the truth and others will not. Be that family that is sorely missed when they expel you.

I elaborated a bit more. We want to be there long enough to win acceptance from those who are willing to seek the truth, but have never considered this life as biblical.

I elaborated a bit more.
If the aim is to influence others, it will never work in mainstream churches. You know what they're about prior to attending, polygyny will never be accepted along side feminist agenda.

If the goal is to simply influence then why ask for advice on how to attend to begin with? Just attend as yourselves for shock value.

Last edited:
The Whore Church will never accept a part of His Truth that has to do with the WHY of the fact that they are still in exile, without accepting the larger Truth that they ignored to begin with.

IOW, polygyny is just part of the Problem. If they won't "return to Him," it's time to do the Matthew 10:14 thing.*

--------------------------------
* Actually, He says it three times: in Mark 6:11 and Luke 9:5, too.

If the aim is to influence others, it will never work in mainstream churches. You know what they're about prior to attending, polygyny will never be accepted along side feminist agenda.
Milk before meat as Paul says. If they have trouble with things like headship and authority (milk) - they are absolutely not going to accept polygyny (meat).

Romans 8:7 and 9 NLT
7 For the sinful nature is always hostile to God. It never did obey God’s laws, and it never will. 8 That’s why those who are still under the control of their sinful nature can never please God.
9 But you are not controlled by your sinful nature. You are controlled by the Spirit if you have the Spirit of God living in you.

Romans 6:18
18 Now you are free from your slavery to sin, and you have become slaves to righteous living.

2 Timothy 3:16 NKJV
All Scripture is given by inspiration of God, and is profitable for doctrine, for reproof, for correction, for instruction in righteousness.

His law/instructions are perfection. They're Holy, Righteous, and Good. Paul shows us in Romans 8:7 -- whatever Spirit is behind most of Christian leadership - it isn't the Spirit of the Most High. But it's another Spirit - for they reject and are hostile to his instructions/laws. This isn't the fruit of the Holy Spirit. But something else.

I suppose we could do that. If the goal is to attend without causing a stir, it could work. I don’t know if I would do that however. I don’t like denying one of them is a wife.

Last edited:
I suppose we could do that. If the goal is to attend without causing a stir, it could work. I don’t know if I would do that however. I don’t like denying one of hem is a wife.
Been there, done that...don't...
It will almost certainly cause problems.

The Whore Church will never accept a part of His Truth that has to do with the WHY of the fact that they are still in exile, without accepting the larger Truth that they ignored to begin with.

IOW, polygyny is just part of the Problem. If they won't "return to Him," it's time to do the Matthew 10:14 thing.*

--------------------------------
* Actually, He says it three times: in Mark 6:11 and Luke 9:5, too.
OK this idea of a "Whore church", is unbiblical, as I mentioned before. There is a set of clergy who I understand you were the victim of some of their abuses, but the church itself, is the called out ones. It is the people, not an organization.

Last edited:

If the goal is to simply influence then why ask for advice on how to attend to begin with? Just attend as yourselves for shock value.
There is a path to get there, but it is not by barging through like a bull in a china shop. We have to ultimately form our own churches, and prove to the rest of the church, that we are not a cult, that we belong to Jesus, and that He is our true shepherd. That opens the door for us to have debates with the likes of Gino Jennings, whom I know some here would like to have. It is debates, when done in a persuasive manner, that will persude the hearts of many.

There is a path to get there, but it is not by barging through like a bull in a china shop. We have to ultimately form our own churches, and prove to the rest of the church, that we are not a cult, that we belong to Jesus, and that He is our true shepherd. That opens the door for us to have debates with the likes of Gino Jennings, whom I know some here would like to have. It is debates, when done in a persuasive manner, that will persude the hearts of many.
I agree, I have many nonbeliever friends for that very same reason.

We have to remember this man actually has two wives, therefore the little chance that he had of having a civil debate about polygany is thrown out the window as soon as all three of them walk through the church doors.

Entering into an already indoctrinated church with two wives and expecting to have any debate of the sort or even lasting long enough to leave a positive impact as you suggested earlier is wishful thinking.

The leaders of the churches answer to the paying customers, the paying customers don't want polygamist in their churches. The leaders will not risk losing an entire congregation to make one polygamist family feel welcome.

That is the sad truth 😔

The leaders of the churches answer to the paying customers, the paying customers don't want polygamist in their churches. The leaders will not risk losing an entire congregation to make one polygamist family feel welcome.

That is the sad truth 😔
The sad truth is they won't offend their 501c(3) master to make the Truth feel welcome.

OK this idea of a "Whore church", is unbiblical, as I mentioned before.
And you were wrong before. The sources have been cited, and constitute at minimum two witnesses.
And His reasons are obvious, as is the history.

I don't see you whining about the Whore Synagogue, however, which (Ahola AND Aholobah) is ALSO still in exile for that idolatry.

This thread, alone, is more than sufficient evidence that there is "a problem." 'Divorce' rates are another. As is LGBTQ++BS. As is every other anti-Scriptural "addition to" or "subtraction from" His Word you will find embraced there. They are, in fact, Legion.

There is a reason why Yahushua Himself said, "these people honor Me with their lips, but their hearts are far from Me."

I agree, I have many nonbeliever friends for that very same reason.

We have to remember this man actually has two wives, therefore the little chance that he had of having a civil debate about polygany is thrown out the window as soon as all three of them walk through the church doors.

Entering into an already indoctrinated church with two wives and expecting to have any debate of the sort or even lasting long enough to leave a positive impact as you suggested earlier is wishful thinking.

That is the sad truth 😔
You have just remind me of situation when I was being offered money if I bring two girls in church.

It's possible to bring two women in church. Some creativity may be needed. Admitting polygyny may not be wise. Hinting at truth is enough.

If man just say he lives with two ladies, what they can do against him? They still don't know true nature of relationship. And with today push for acceptance of anything, there is less chance to be officially discriminating.

True; that's why I suggested the "sister" idea. I could be wrong, but personally, it doesn't bother me to "fib" to a church who is already lying...
I attend churches even though I disagree with many of their traditions and beliefs. I enjoy myself, I enjoy the people I associate with, and I enjoy the positive things they do for the community, and I like helping out in that regard. At the same time, I also know where they stand and what their leaders are about. I feel it's better to go into situations like that with a realistic viewpoint.
And with today push for acceptance of anything, there is less chance to be officially discriminating.
Because polygyny is seen as abusive and degrading towards women. You'd stand a far better chance of being openly accepted by a church for being homosexual.

Under Local Groups on this website https://www.biblicalfamilies.org/about/local-groups:
Interested in meeting plural-friendly Christians in your area? Local groups are a very important part of what Biblical Families is about. As many of us have experience with being denied fellowship in a local body, we know how important this need can be—even if it means a four-hour drive once a month to fellowship with other like-minded believers, it can be well worth it.
It sure would be nice if we could meet once a month! I know that someone (might have been myself) suggested a map where we can put virtual pins to indicate where we live. If we had something like that, we could look into planting our own churches. I know @NBTX11 lives about an hour or two away from where I live. @cnystrom used to live a few minutes away, but God has called him to move to So Cal. We used to commute down to Austin (about 40 minutes drive) every Sunday, so the drive would not be so much of a concern. I freely confess I know very little about church planting, and what was described in the Royal Ambassador program, was the idea of moving into the neighborhood where you intend to plant the church, and making cookies for those neighbors. That however would not work so well, if we are trying to find a neutral site. The other issue, is how to grow the church, so it is not just two families that regularly get together. I feel a bit of sadness with the realization that @cnystrom and I could have planted a new church in the Round Rock/Pflugerville area, while we had a chance to do so, but that is water under the bridge.

And you were wrong before. The sources have been cited, and constitute at minimum two witnesses.
And His reasons are obvious, as is the history.

I don't see you whining about the Whore Synagogue, however, which (Ahola AND Aholobah) is ALSO still in exile for that idolatry.

This thread, alone, is more than sufficient evidence that there is "a problem." 'Divorce' rates are another. As is LGBTQ++BS. As is every other anti-Scriptural "addition to" or "subtraction from" His Word you will find embraced there. They are, in fact, Legion.

There is a reason why Yahushua Himself said, "these people honor Me with their lips, but their hearts are far from Me."
The sources you cited, where in reference to Judah and Israel. Then you wanted to tie that in with a modern group who claim to be hiers of the promise. That is somewhat of a logical disconnect. Paul is the one who claimed that we are the heirs of the promise, so your argument is sort of like the Judas went and hung himself connnection with "Go and do thou likewise."

Back