• Biblical Families is not a dating website. It is a forum to discuss issues relating to marriage and the Bible, and to offer guidance and support, not to find a wife. Click here for more information.

Cliff notes from Speaker Conference at church

Dealing with Gaps Cooperating with God
1) What is Jesus doing
2) What is satan doing
3) what God is looking for
Ezekiel 22:30

What do I do in the Gap??

Gaps are:
Easy to see
Easy to judge
Very easy to misjudge
Impossible to fill
God is without Gaps

What did God do when he saw the gap between our actual performance and his expectations of our performance.
- he sent Jesus
3 possible responses to Gaps we see:
Accuse
Intercede
Ignore

Enemy Accuses
Jesus interceded

Jesus washed Judas’ feet
He prayed for Peter
He patiently responded to Thomas’ doubts and delivered evidence.
Accusation:
Matthew 18, 1 Timothy 5:19-31

An apparent gap may not be:
Maturity,
Varying backgrounds
Different gifting from God
Damages from the past

How to handle gaps:
Plan to forgive others
Don’t try to fix gaps (only God can ).
Give thanks to God.
Recognize the high priority of projection.
Stay filled with Grace
Commit to Intercession ( be like Jesus).

@Marketingmom, remember this is a marriage discussion forum, not a social media network. If you have serious questions about something, particularly something related to marriage, do explain what you are thinking and what you're not sure about, and we'll discuss it. But if what you have to post is just a copy-paste of "something I found interesting today", that's more something to chuck up on Facebook / Instagram / Twitter (otherwise known as "InstaTwitFace" :) ). There is a major difference in purpose between an internet forum like this, and a social media website. Now, the line is blurry for sure, but at this point you have started a large number of threads in relation to your total number of posts, none of which have stimulated much discussion, because they were all the sort of content that would go onto Facebook and get three comments. It's getting a bit weird, simply because you're using the forum differently to how everybody else is.

Are you here to learn more about marriage? If so, I suggest you take more time to read old posts, and start commenting on those if you have any further questions that aren't answered in the discussion.

Are you here to make friends? If so, join the ladies in the weekly ladies chat.

Are you here to post your own daily thoughts? If so, don't keep starting new threads, make "profile posts" on your own home page - that's the social-media-like side of the forum. All the posts you have made would have made fine personal profile posts.

And finally, do you have a serious burning question that you really want answers to and are happy to engage in a long discussion on to get to the bottom of? If so, start a new thread on it, writing your own thoughts on the issue and asking questions about what you are unsure of.

Last edited:
@Marketingmom, remember this is a marriage discussion forum, not a social media network. If you have serious questions about something, particularly something related to marriage, do explain what you are thinking and what you're not sure about, and we'll discuss it. But if what you have to post is just a copy-paste of "something I found interesting today", that's more something to chuck up on Facebook / Instagram / Twitter (otherwise known as "InstaTwitFace" :) ). There is a major difference in purpose between an internet forum like this, and a social media website. Now, the line is blurry for sure, but at this point you have started a large number of threads in relation to your total number of posts, none of which have stimulated much discussion, because they were all the sort of content that would go onto Facebook and get three comments. It's getting a bit weird, simply because you're using the forum differently to how everybody else is.

Are you here to learn more about marriage? If so, I suggest you take more time to read old posts, and start commenting on those if you have any further questions that aren't answered in the discussion.

Are you here to make friends? If so, join the ladies in the weekly ladies chat.

Are you here to post your own daily thoughts? If so, don't keep starting new threads, make "profile posts" on your own home page - that's the social-media-like side of the forum. All the posts you have made would have made fine personal profile posts.

And finally, do you have a serious burning question that you really want answers to and are happy to engage in a long discussion on to get to the bottom of? If so, start a new thread on it, writing your own thoughts on the issue and asking questions about what you are unsure of.
Thanks for your opinion

Not trying to break any rules. I see you are an administrator. I’m just weird, I figure. If being weird is a crime, feel free to ban me.
He’s truly one of the kindest and genuine people I know, so don’t ever assume something he said was out of malice or ill intentions. He’s just trying to help. Please understand for the most part the people here consist of genuine believers who love the Lord and want to obey and serve Him.

I would send this via private message so as to avoid any embarrassment but I’m not able to with the restrictions you set up.

A couple of us at least were just trying to understand the purpose in sharing those notes. Normally on this forum a new thread is created to engage in discussion on a topic. If it’s unclear what the person is wanting to discuss, we ask for clarification and for the op to expound or elaborate.

If you hadn’t communicated what you were intending to, expect someone to come along and ask for more information or to explain a bit how things work.

And this is just a personal observation, you come across as some combination of defensive, distant, frightened. I don’t know if you’ve made an introduction post yet, but I hope you will. Write a little bit about yourself, who you are, how you came to find this forum. What your situation is in life, how we can be praying for you. You’ll find we’re a pretty warm and inviting lot. I mean I’m kinda weird and abrasive, but there are other people here too who are nicer than me 😜

He’s truly one of the kindest and genuine people I know, so don’t ever assume something he said was out of malice or ill intentions. He’s just trying to help. Please understand for the most part the people here consist of genuine believers who love the Lord and want to obey and serve Him.

I would send this via private message so as to avoid any embarrassment but I’m not able to with the restrictions you set up.

A couple of us at least were just trying to understand the purpose in sharing those notes. Normally on this forum a new thread is created to engage in discussion on a topic. If it’s unclear what the person is wanting to discuss, we ask for clarification and for the op to expound or elaborate.

If you hadn’t communicated what you were intending to, expect someone to come along and ask for more information or to explain a bit how things work.

And this is just a personal observation, you come across as some combination of defensive, distant, frightened. I don’t know if you’ve made an introduction post yet, but I hope you will. Write a little bit about yourself, who you are, how you came to find this forum. What your situation is in life, how we can be praying for you. You’ll find we’re a pretty warm and inviting lot. I mean I’m kinda weird and abrasive, but there are other people here too who are nicer than
Thank you. Yes, I have adjusted my settings.

It was moving for me, we all don’t have to agree on what speaks to us.
My question is from a different point of view given that I am not familiar with the term gap in this context.
I am guessing that is a niche term utilized in religious educational/discussion context. Not unlike corporate speak in that you have to have to be part of the ingroup to know for example that "I will shoot out the deck at the end" means 'I will email the group the presentation after the meeting'. Could be wrong obviously but I am not up to speed on the meaning of the term in this context.

Dealing with Gaps Cooperating with God
1) What is Jesus doing
2) What is satan doing
3) what God is looking for
Ezekiel 22:30

What do I do in the Gap??

Gaps are:
Easy to see
Easy to judge
Very easy to misjudge
Impossible to fill
God is without Gaps

What did God do when he saw the gap between our actual performance and his expectations of our performance.
- he sent Jesus
3 possible responses to Gaps we see:
Accuse
Intercede
Ignore

Enemy Accuses
Jesus interceded

Jesus washed Judas’ feet
He prayed for Peter
He patiently responded to Thomas’ doubts and delivered evidence.
Accusation:
Matthew 18, 1 Timothy 5:19-31

An apparent gap may not be:
Maturity,
Varying backgrounds
Different gifting from God
Damages from the past

How to handle gaps:
Plan to forgive others
Don’t try to fix gaps (only God can ).
Give thanks to God.
Recognize the high priority of projection.
Stay filled with Grace
Commit to Intercession ( be like Jesus).
I like it. It is a helpful reminder how there are good things that you can get from going to church, if and when it is possible to do so. Howevr, this is a problems and solutions category, so it might be better suited elsewhere.

And this is just a personal observation, you come across as some combination of defensive, distant, frightened. I don’t know if you’ve made an introduction post yet, but I hope you will. Write a little bit about yourself, who you are, how you came to find this forum. What your situation is in life, how we can be praying for you. You’ll find we’re a pretty warm and inviting lot. I mean I’m kinda weird and abrasive, but there are other people here too who are nicer than me 😜
For the record, everyone here thinks I am super nice, non abrasive, and totally normal… right guys? 😁

Back