• Biblical Families is not a dating website. It is a forum to discuss issues relating to marriage and the Bible, and to offer guidance and support, not to find a wife. Click here for more information.

Support Coming out

You don't have to reply in public like this, my friend, but I'm purposefully asking in the thread because I think it's relevant: do you believe your parents would make good on their threat?
Probably not. My father would be extraordinarily angry and would indeed shun me for a while. My mother is an amazing woman and would obey her husband but they would both eventually come around I think. We are a clan and loyalty to the clan runs deep.

Just before hitting Send, I thought, 'This is pretty much what I need to say to some other friends and to everyone in my family,' so I just loaded up the cc line with all of their email addresses -- and clicked it gone.

It didn't occur to me that the email I had sent included pretty much all of my email correspondence with the woman for the previous 4 months in its never-deleted thread . . .

Oh! That IS a funny story!

Glad it turned out so well for you. :)

Back