TNOvercomer
New Member
We have a humble request of all of you experienced husbands, wives, fathers, mothers out there....Although we are new to the forum, I have not seen a thread that quite explores this topic. I'd love to explore the real life experience of the beautiful glory of God's perfect design for a polygynous marriage and family. We are not a polygynous marriage or family yet but open to it so we'd love to hear from you all that have experience. The richness of it. The glory of it. The beauty of it. The blessings of it. The strength in it. The protection of it. We are not naive that we are all sinners and so we bring sin to the table and that problems do arise, conflicts, tension, etc. We are aware of those and have heard and seen those in the threads and posts here as well as other places. As sinners, we tend to focus on the negative, despite Paul's admonition to the opposite (Philippians 4:8), so I would love to start this thread with a focus on the positive, even though we all know there are negatives involved. The good things, the excellent things, the praiseworthy things, the beautiful things...I do believe God wants us to hold a vision for His design to build towards His glory, to be excited about it, to be in awe of it, to look to it with joy....that is our prime directive if you will from the beginning in Genesis 1/2, Psalm 8, Habakkuk 2, etc....I believe that is done through the greatest application of the Gospel that we can ever have, the building of healthy, beautiful, joyful marriages and families on God's perfect design that live out and are a living breathing walking talking manifestation of the Gospel in this dark broken world. I'd love to see this thread become an encapsulation of the vision, dream, spirit, and beauty of what Biblical marriages and families truly are, in all your experiences. Thank you for indulging our request!