• Biblical Families is not a dating website. It is a forum to discuss issues relating to marriage and the Bible, and to offer guidance and support, not to find a wife. Click here for more information.

Hello from South America

Sophia

My name is Sophie, I have always believed and practiced biblical gender roles and I am naturally submissive. I was married to my dream man until he tried to introduce a second wife to my marriage, I was flooded with rage and filed a divorce. I deeply regret that decision.

After studying the Bible for years I finally dropped the veil of feminism and connected with the intention of wanting to open myself to polygyny in a very biblical sense.
Can't wait to learn so much from you. :)

Hi Sophia, thanks for introducing yourself. Glad you are here and you've discovered much truth concerning marriage and family. As you can see from the name of this ministry, we are biblical in our approach to marriage and families. With that in mind I must ask, What is the situation with your husband? Is there a possibility of reconciliation? Shalom

Welcome, you’ve come to this site a bit differently than most. May we be a blessing to your journey.

Welcome! Glad you are here.

My name is Sophie, I have always believed and practiced biblical gender roles and I am naturally submissive. I was married to my dream man until he tried to introduce a second wife to my marriage, I was flooded with rage and filed a divorce. I deeply regret that decision.

After studying the Bible for years I finally dropped the veil of feminism and connected with the intention of wanting to open myself to polygyny in a very biblical sense.
Can't wait to learn so much from you. :)
Welcome! I have enjoyed your input so far and believe you will fit in well.

Welcome. This site is a great place. Hope you enjoy it and find the information you need.

That ship has sailed :(
I'm very sorry to hear that. In the eyes of the LORD you're still married to your first husband, and I pray that you can reconcile with your husband:

1 Corinthians 7:10-11
10 To the married I give this command (not I, but the Lord): A wife must not separate from her husband. 11 But if she does, she must remain unmarried or else be reconciled to her husband. And a husband must not divorce his wife.

But we have a High Priest in Jesus. This is something that should be taken to Lord Jesus directly if you wish to pursue a new husband. If you've already done that - then great!

My wife is/was in a similar boat as you were. At the time of our marriage I was a gentile, and she was catholic. I believed in one God. But I had zero religion. Over time I became lead to Jesus, and now Jesus is my God and Master. I also believed in the traditional marriage roles, but as I've grown spiritually I've come out of that worldly system - not just in that but in many such things. About 8 months ago - I brought up the topic of polygamy with her, and it was an absolute shock to her. She threatened divorce. I believe she would had gone through it if it wasn't for our toddler son. Whom loves me very much, and she can't hurt him by taking his father away from him. But I can not righteously add wives without her permission due to my vows to God (forsake all others). She's catholic and she's been raised that polygamy is sin. Also, there is a strong spirit of jealousy within her.

However, I'm leaving it in Jesus' hands. Have his will be done. I've given her all the scripture. If she comes around to it - all glory to Jesus. If she doesn't - then also all glory to Jesus, because Jesus knows best.

Welcome!

We have a ladies chat on Tuesday nights. Tonight's one is a video chat if you want to join us. We'd love to get to know you :).

We have a neighbor from Chile. He visits there for months at a time.

Shalom and welcome, I am sorry that you are going through some tough times right now, but YaHWeH is in control and HE will do what is best for you, and if that is reconciling with your ex/husband then PRAISE Yah, if it is to join another family then PRAISE Yah. May YaHWeH guide you in your journey.

Welcome to BF. This is a great group of believers that are passionately committed to this way of life so you'll be able to gleam a lot of information and opinions. I'm sorry to hear that this understanding wasn't given to you prior. It's a tough journey but once you've seen it in His word it opens your mind to His will and plan for you and families. We are new to this but are excited about what He has planned for us. We already are a family of 7 but found great strength and blessings in numbers :). God Bless you in your journey.

Back