• Biblical Families is not a dating website. It is a forum to discuss issues relating to marriage and the Bible, and to offer guidance and support, not to find a wife. Click here for more information.

How to bring up Biblical marriage

It's a blessing that you got that sorted before things became more involved and complicated. Praise God.
Our second son recently had a young woman interested in him, but our family living our beliefs was a deal breaker. She still thinks it's sin, even though she hasn't found the place in the Bible that says so.....she still believes it's in there somewhere....that imagined law.

I think he dodged a bullet! Pretty she is, but red flags there are. Better to never begin then have the relationship be hell on earth or fail in a few years.

She still thinks it's sin, even though she hasn't found the place in the Bible that says so.....she still believes it's in there somewhere....that imagined law.
See, I don't understand this mindset. You can't just believe something is wrong "just because". Either you believe the Bible or you don't. If you do believe it, where is it. At least try to make a Biblical argument base upon scripture, if you actually say you believe the Bible.

See, I don't understand this mindset. You can't just believe something is wrong "just because". Either you believe the Bible or you don't. If you do believe it, where is it. At least try to make a Biblical argument base upon scripture, if you actually say you believe the Bible.
Do not forget that emotion is the new logic.

Critical thinking now simply means being critical.

Put the shoe on another foot and consider how many people believe that nothing made everything and it started out bad and is getting better every day! Absolute lunacy, but most just accept it. People don't need facts and material proof because the underlying basis for these battles is spiritual. It's a battle for peoples souls, and therefore against truth. Perhaps rather than presenting more and more facts, we ought to pray for them.

Our second son recently had a young woman interested in him, but our family living our beliefs was a deal breaker. She still thinks it's sin, even though she hasn't found the place in the Bible that says so.....she still believes it's in there somewhere....that imagined law.

I think he dodged a bullet! Pretty she is, but red flags there are. Better to never begin then have the relationship be hell on earth or fail in a few years.

I'm so sorry to hear this. What did she think would happen? Poly would be contagious?

Definitely dodged a bullet. It's evidence she's worldly, and hasn't been reborn by the Holy Spirit through faith in Lord Jesus Christ.

Romans 12:2

Don’t copy the behavior and customs of this world, but let God transform you into a new person by changing the way you think. Then you will learn to know God’s will for you, which is good and pleasing and perfect.

I'm so sorry to hear this. What did she think would happen? Poly would be contagious?
I'm not sorry. If someone cannot let the word of God define sin, I'd say they may just let their feelings run too much of their lives. What else could you have as common ground and a foundation?

It didn't work out because ultimately she wasn't interested due to not agreeing with biblical marriage.
I think you and any man that is interested in a woman, has to sort out how much they really love that woman in the first place. If you are not willing to go to the cross for them, because you will, maybe she isn't the right one anyhow. Consider how much Jacob loved Rachel!

I think you and any man that is interested in a woman, has to sort out how much they really love that woman in the first place.
When relational difficulties stem from having a different foundation it's vital to sort that foundation out, or the whole structure will collapse under pressure. We all know problems will arise in relationships, whether there's one spouse or more. If you aren't in the same Book on the same page working together to resolve those problems the way God says, it will compound those problems.
It didn't work out because ultimately she wasn't interested due to not agreeing with biblical marriage.
Although not the outcome wanted it's good to have had that difference clarified before commitments were made. Shalom

When relational difficulties stem from having a different foundation it's vital to sort that foundation out, or the whole structure will collapse under pressure. We all know problems will arise in relationships, whether there's one spouse or more. If you aren't in the same Book on the same page working together to resolve those problems the way God says, it will compound those problems.
shopping

I'm sure glad that God didn't wait to sort out the mess that we were, before He decided to love us!

shopping

I'm sure glad that God didn't wait to sort out the mess that we were, before He decided to love us!

Having said that, there was a lady that I expressed interest in one time, but having faced rejection, it didn't really hurt all that much, and I moved on rather easily. It did work out for the best, because I am in a much better place now as a result of the fallout. For one thing, she requested that I never contact her, and I haven't, so I didn't have much choice but to move on.

shopping

Yes, and I'm super grateful He did sort out the mess we were because we could never sort it out ourselves. It's sad that even though His love is perfect sinners reject Him, and they continue down the broad road to destruction. Even perfect love gets rejected!

Yes, and I'm super grateful He did sort out the mess we were because we could never sort it out ourselves. It's sad that even though His love is perfect sinners reject Him, and they continue down the broad road to destruction. Even perfect love gets rejected!
Yet He continues to love us while we reject Him. It is because of His great love for us, that even though we may initially reject Him, we are still given that opportunity to come to Him.

It took 3 years of working with my wife gently in order to get her to the place of acceptance.
Tell me again how it should only take months.

Of course your mileage will vary, but impatience isn’t helpful.
It took me less than year for my ex to gain acceptance.

I expect Yah-fearing women to not give them sex.
They will find it where they can, that’s non of my business. (Rosie Palm isn’t all that busy.)
What is Rosie Palm? I expect it is some cultural reference I'm not familiar.

Back