• Biblical Families is not a dating website. It is a forum to discuss issues relating to marriage and the Bible, and to offer guidance and support, not to find a wife. Click here for more information.

Support Injustice

WhoCanFind31

Female
I wasn't sure where to post this so I chose this one. I was hoping for thoughts and advice on a legal issue. My ex who goes by the name Contra Mundum took out a loan for his friend in both our names. He made me verbally agree with the loan company to it but I never signed anything but they are saying that I signed something online leading me to believe he signed it for me without my knowledge. He made promises even after we split that I would never have to worry about the loan affecting my credit or it never getting paid. Well I keep getting calls now from the loan company saying that I'm responsible for paying because he refuses to. I called his friend who said he would look into it and call me back but it's been several weeks now and I've tried calling him again but no answer. From my perspective I believe if his friend is the man of God he claims to be that he would pay it since it was taken out for him in the first place.

From my perspective I believe if his friend is the man of God he claims to be that he would pay it since it was taken out for him in the first place.

That would be the best way for this to play out.
Failing that, a financial relationship with a lawyer may be in your future.
You could beg the lender to hear your side, possibly they could find the heart to let you off, or see the pointlessness of including you in the proceedings.

If you can show me the contract I signed I will pay
If you can’t show me the agreement ,there probably isn’t one
However If you have a verbally agreed contract You have a problem that you are responsible for
If a man of god doesn’t respond , appeal to God
Fast and pray
Hope you resolve this soon

If you can show me the contract I signed I will pay
If you can’t show me the agreement ,there probably isn’t one
If her husband faked an electronic signature, that tactic probably won’t be helpful.

I wasn't sure where to post this so I chose this one. I was hoping for thoughts and advice on a legal issue. My ex who goes by the name Contra Mundum took out a loan for his friend in both our names. He made me verbally agree with the loan company to it but I never signed anything but they are saying that I signed something online leading me to believe he signed it for me without my knowledge. He made promises even after we split that I would never have to worry about the loan affecting my credit or it never getting paid. Well I keep getting calls now from the loan company saying that I'm responsible for paying because he refuses to. I called his friend who said he would look into it and call me back but it's been several weeks now and I've tried calling him again but no answer. From my perspective I believe if his friend is the man of God he claims to be that he would pay it since it was taken out for him in the first place.
Sadly, as shown by the kingdom parables, injustices and offenses happen in this world our creator reigns over. While we can try and give biblical advise here based on what we are told by one party to whatever situation is being discussed, biblically there should be two or more witnesses to establish any matter.
As a mom I try and teach my children to always be honest so no one has reason to doubt what they say, but also not to ever expect someone to take their word for something without any other supporting testimony or evidence.

I cannot really offer advice, but I hope if you do not get justice in your matter you at least find peace.

1My son, if you become [a]surety for your friend,
If you have shaken hands in pledge for a stranger,
2You are snared by the words of your mouth;
You are taken by the words of your mouth.
3So do this, my son, and deliver yourself;
For you have come into the hand of your friend:
Go and humble yourself;
Plead with your friend.
4Give no sleep to your eyes,
Nor slumber to your eyelids.
5Deliver yourself like a gazelle from the hand of the hunter,
And like a bird from the hand of the [c]fowler.

A nice reminder that going into debt is metaphorically like going to slaughter.

Punishment by who?
By what form?

Options:

1. You can refuse to pay and also dispute it with the three main credit agencies (assuming the US).
2. You can get a lawyer.
3. You can negotiate with the creditor.
4. You can default on the loan and then negotiate with the collection agency.
5. You can declare bancruptcy.

There are various moral arguments to these strategies. Which one you select may also depend on the laws in the state you live in. Each state is different in what powers are given to creditors and debtors which may affect your decision. In Texas they can not get your house or garnish your wages, for example.

If nothing else, you have learned an expensive lesson: never ever never co-sign on a loan you do not want to pay back.

If your husband forged your signature you may have recourse to legal action. In which case you may want to call the police and report a crime. This may also strengthen your position with against the creditor, if you can provide them with a police report.

I really don't understand the point of this post, unless it is to bash your husband again like you've done with most of your other posts. If the situation is just as you say, then you should contact a lawyer. Having a marriage licence or not makes no difference whatsoever.

Unfortunately I was threated with punishment if I did not obey him.
If you mean that you were threatened with punishment if you did not agree to this specific loan, then this is information on the circumstances that should be discussed with your lawyer.

@FollowingHim2 I'm really disappointed and surprised by your response to me. When you were there for me in the past were you just faking it if you think I was just bashing him? I went here not knowing where to turn because we didnt get a marriage license so i figured you guys would understand my situation better than most. I blocked him and have not contacted him in almost a year so I am not interested in bashing him. I've just been working on bettering myself and finding myself in Christ again starting over. My goal is to be so disconnected from him that I dont deal with financial responsibilities that are morally his and not mine. Finding out that you're financially responsible for a loan you never touched that he took out for his buddy a year after your divorce is an anxiety I dont think I should have to deal with and I'm just seeking advice. I'm no expert so if I made a mistake reaching out here for advice then I apologize.

Options:

1. You can refuse to pay and also dispute it with the three main credit agencies (assuming the US).
2. You can get a lawyer.
3. You can negotiate with the creditor.
4. You can default on the loan and then negotiate with the collection agency.
5. You can declare bancruptcy.

There are various moral arguments to these strategies. Which one you select may also depend on the laws in the state you live in. Each state is different in what powers are given to creditors and debtors which may affect your decision. In Texas they can not get your house or garnish your wages, for example.

If nothing else, you have learned an expensive lesson: never ever never co-sign on a loan you do not want to pay back.

If your husband forged your signature you may have recourse to legal action. In which case you may want to call the police and report a crime. This may also strengthen your position with against the creditor, if you can provide them with a police report.
Thank you so much for this information. I find this very informative and helpful. Definitely will look into this.

I'm no expert so if I made a mistake reaching out here for advice then I apologize
If you are looking for the counseling of Godly wise people , this is the place.
Unfortunately we are all human and sometimes we are not always at our best ,we all have an off day here and there.
I am thankful you posted , it gives us an opportunity to pray for support you with what little we can.
Some of us are in good family relationships and have been for a while, it’s easy to misunderstand the issues of the more isolated and those not having good support around.
:)

If you are looking for the counseling of Godly wise people , this is the place.
Unfortunately we are all human and sometimes we are not always at our best ,we all have an off day here and there.
I am thankful you posted , it gives us an opportunity to pray for support you with what little we can.
Some of us are in good family relationships and have been for a while, it’s easy to misunderstand the issues of the more isolated and those not having good support around.
:)
Well said. Thank you so much this encourages me alot. My intentions here are pure. I'm still learning how to handle finances and how to be an adult on my own because I never was taught alot of these things.

My ex husband told me that if I I disobeyed him ever he would punish me with a whip on the behind 20+ times or remove things I enjoy from my life.

A little context would be good here. What you aren't saying is that this domestic discipline arrangement was entered into with your consent and if I'm remembering correctly even at your request initially (I may be wrong about the request part). I have personal knowledge of that part of the situation from both parties. No knowledge of the loan part...

I'm not defending him here I take issue with some things he did but your statements about the punishment makes him out to be physically abusive and that is simply not the whole story.

Back