• Biblical Families is not a dating website. It is a forum to discuss issues relating to marriage and the Bible, and to offer guidance and support, not to find a wife. Click here for more information.

General Intro: Newly minted "Patriarch-in-training"

Anthony Clark

Male
Hello everyone. My name is Anthony Clark.

I was born in Canada and now live in Australia (near Brisbane) with my first wife (the 'wife of my youth', we have been married for 10 years) and our 3 young boys.

The title of this thread is "Patriarch-in-training" because I have specifically been brought (by God) to the knowledge of the vital importance and learning of what it means to be a man in God's kingdom. That is: to be a patriarch, the absolute head of my family, and a fully masculine servant of the most high.

I am the oldest of 7 children, all from the same parents, who were not polygynous. My parents raised me as a Christian, though we never stayed for an extended period of time at one particular church; partly because we moved a lot, and partly because we eventually found that each of those pastors was preaching false doctrine. They were important steps of the journey, so I am grateful for each of them. I have never accepted any denominational label, ie. Catholic, Baptist, Pentecostal, etc. And, when people use the word 'Christian' I must always qualify it: to be non-denominational. A child of God being 'child-trained' and led by God.

As life continues, my desire towards God grows, specifically my desire to be made righteous by Him, to be brought into line with His perfect will, and to be made perfect by Him. Learning to 'let go and let God'. Learning to fully trust in God and take the actions he inspires me to take, and to obey His calling and His instruction when it comes to me.

Such as it is with learning more about patriarchy, Biblical family structure, and polygyny.

I am grateful to @PeteR for his publications on YouTube about polygyny. That was a major part of my rapid learning on the fact that polygyny is permitted and blessed by God.

At this time I am continuing to read several books on the topic of polygyny, patriarchy, and family structure. I am praying to God to build me up into a great patriarch, to deliver to me the correct women to help me grow my family, and to lead me in His way in all things.

I exist for God's glory and His pleasure, to serve His purpose and do the work He has me to do.

Amen.

Welcome!
It sounds like you are doing well in your journey of discovering who Yah dreams that you could be.

Hi Anthony, thanks for posting the intro. Great to have you join the team at BF. I was visiting my Dad a little north of Brisbane just a few weeks ago. I wish I could have made contact with you earlier and we could have met up. Best wishes for your journey. Cheers

Welcome! Glad you’re here, look forward to your contributions!

Welcome! Thank you for sharing with us.

Shalom and welcome, achi!

Welcome! Scripture says that we who are in Christ have been justified and declared righteous. Romans 5:1. The main thing we need to focus on, is telling others the good news about Jesus. Rest in the righteousness that He has freely given you, and through His Holy Spirit, He will refine you to be more in the image of Christ.

Small. A tiny handful of people scattered around the place. The only active polygamist among us is likely to contact you shortly.

Back