• Biblical Families is not a dating website. It is a forum to discuss issues relating to marriage and the Bible, and to offer guidance and support, not to find a wife. Click here for more information.

Kerry from the UK

The last message here was from June of last year gents.
But as she is a third wife happy hen may like to hear from her about her experience.
She's probably just busy with home and family.....and doesn't like debating theology.

Hi everyone

I really hate doing things like this but figured it was only fair to give you all a glimpse of who I am since you are kind enough to read my posts :).

I am not sure what to write so apologies in advance if i over/under share, but very happy to chat and get to know everyone.

So, I am Kerry, or kez or sometimes kezzy (44), I lost my husband about 4 years ago and to be honest I went a little bit off the rails, not drink or drugs or anything, just not looking after myself or my kids very well. I have been a Christian for most of my life but it felt like i had lost my grip on everything that mattered.

Polygyny was not something that i had ever really considered until I met Scott, he as very kind and really picked me up from a low place. I had always grown up in a fairly conservative church and family, but he opened my eyes to what scripture really said about the roles of men and women and pretty soon it all fell into place for me.

After about a year and much soul searching and discussion he took me as his third wife and became my Master in March last year and he has had just the best and most amazing impact on me and my girls. I love him dearly and the structure and security he brings to the home.

I enjoy sewing, reading, gardening and working in the house to keep everything flowing and being a good wife sister and mother and these days i dont find i have time for too much else, though since finding all of you, you should probably be in my list too.

Recently we have moved house away from our friends and church who were very sympathetic to how we live, so feeling a little cut off and isolated, but very grateful to have my sister wives around at the moment, and to be able to come here and listen to all the wisdom on this forum, along with some nice humour too.

Looking forward to getting to know everyone as I continue to learn on this journey I find myself on, and very grateful to have found some friends to walk it with away from home.

Blessings to you all

Kerry
Shalom @Kerry Young we are in London in the UK.

Hello Sir, Can you advise which church that is and if they have a website and I will pass the details on.
Crestview Baptist peoplesharingjesus.com

Thank you!!!!

Sorry to be slow in replying Sir, it has been a fairly full on day and only just settling to catch up a little.

I think the word I used was sympathetic, perhaps I could have said non-hostile. The pastor of the church we attended is quite conservative in many ways and would very much encourage men to be the head of the house and to lead/rule in that context. Discipline in home and church is seen as very important, and he would hold services for those families who wanted to explore these things deeper.

So when it came to polygyny they would not go as far as encouraging it, but i could attend with my sister wives and my husband without feeling threatened.

Many of them practised what they called CDD, while my Master would certainly be in favour of discipline in the home we felt it was very different to what they practised.

And to answer your question Sir, yes I think it was my Master who edged them towards seeing he biblical take on a man having multiple wives.
Hi Kerry and welcome. My heritage is half UK and half Spanish- so I did want to give you a welcome post on this thread. My background is secular, so my move into a biblical marriage was a bit of a journey. We could describe our family at the more relaxed end of the spectrum- but people on this blog are not judgemental- and really encouraging. You have already found, no doubt, that posts on your lifestyle are relatable- so this is a safe haven from a lot of people who live differently on the outside world. Keep posting.

Our family unit is certainly lead by a good man and, while the three of us (2 wives) have different lives, we do get our obligation to be considerate, flexible, godly and disciplined.

Hi Kerry and welcome. My heritage is half UK and half Spanish- so I did want to give you a welcome post on this thread. My background is secular, so my move into a biblical marriage was a bit of a journey. We could describe our family at the more relaxed end of the spectrum- but people on this blog are not judgemental- and really encouraging. You have already found, no doubt, that posts on your lifestyle are relatable- so this is a safe haven from a lot of people who live differently on the outside world. Keep posting.

Our family unit is certainly lead by a good man and, while the three of us (2 wives) have different lives, we do get our obligation to be considerate, flexible, godly and disciplined.
Thank you Meritxell for your encouraging words.

Your description of being at the relaxed end of the spectrum sounds attractive at times, but it is not how Master chooses to run his house and i respect him hugely for it. Also if i am honest the benefit we have seen from being part of his house is immeasurable so clearly it works for us.

I love seeing all the different ways people live on here and it is refreshing to know there is no “one size fits all”:).

Hope to learn more always!

Thank you Meritxell for your encouraging words.

Your description of being at the relaxed end of the spectrum sounds attractive at times, but it is not how Master chooses to run his house and i respect him hugely for it. Also if i am honest the benefit we have seen from being part of his house is immeasurable so clearly it works for us.

I love seeing all the different ways people live on here and it is refreshing to know there is no “one size fits all”:).

Hope to learn more always!
Yes- I think you'll find we are not so different. In the 21st century there must be a lot of girls who are in a poly marriage that go out of the house, have serious careers yet try to be obedient, dedicated home makers behind closed doors. I have had to, and continue to study faith and how to organise domestic life, and I'm far from perfect- so I value being able to interact with people like yourself.

Back