• Biblical Families is not a dating website. It is a forum to discuss issues relating to marriage and the Bible, and to offer guidance and support, not to find a wife. Click here for more information.

Prayer request Neighbor who has questions about Christianity

Daniel DeLuca

Seasoned Member
Real Person
Male
Hello friends,

The church that we have been attending has an outreach program where they teach people to share the message of the gospel, and we go out into the community to put what we have learned into practice. One Tuesday evening, my lovely wife looked out the window and saw the pastor and three others from the church getting out of his truck. They were signing up the kids that live across the street from us, for the church's version of VBS, called "Camp Crestview". It was a beautiful opportunity for me to chat with the pastor , but even more importantly, try to get the neighbors on my street to meet with him. I managed to get one and introduce him to the pastor, and he shared the gospel with him. Well, the man did not receive Christ on the spot, but he said that he had a lot of questions for the pastor. Well, I asked him the other day if he had taken the opportunity to talk with the pastor, and he said that he had not, so I told him that I might be able to answer some of his questions, so he fired off a number of questions including who was Cain's wife, etc. That was an engaging experience, and I came to find out that this man has some baby mommas i.e. concurrent girlfriends, including one such lady who has recently borne him a daughter. I explained to him that Biblically speaking, they are his concubines, but that we at Biblical Families could have a covenant ceremony for him if he would like. I shared with him how he needed to receive the forgiveness offerred through Jesus Christ, and I offered to pray with him then and there, but he declined.

Pray that God will clear his heart and mind, and that he will take it upon himself to research the claims of Christianity (The authority of Scritpures, the resurrection, and the exclusivity of Christ), and that he might be willing to receive the gift of eternal life that is freely offered. His name is John.

Hello friends,

The church that we have been attending has an outreach program where they teach people to share the message of the gospel, and we go out into the community to put what we have learned into practice. One Tuesday evening, my lovely wife looked out the window and saw the pastor and three others from the church getting out of his truck. They were signing up the kids that live across the street from us, for the church's version of VBS, called "Camp Crestview". It was a beautiful opportunity for me to chat with the pastor , but even more importantly, try to get the neighbors on my street to meet with him. I managed to get one and introduce him to the pastor, and he shared the gospel with him. Well, the man did not receive Christ on the spot, but he said that he had a lot of questions for the pastor. Well, I asked him the other day if he had taken the opportunity to talk with the pastor, and he said that he had not, so I told him that I might be able to answer some of his questions, so he fired off a number of questions including who was Cain's wife, etc. That was an engaging experience, and I came to find out that this man has some baby mommas i.e. concurrent girlfriends, including one such lady who has recently borne him a daughter. I explained to him that Biblically speaking, they are his concubines, but that we at Biblical Families could have a covenant ceremony for him if he would like. I shared with him how he needed to receive the forgiveness offerred through Jesus Christ, and I offered to pray with him then and there, but he declined.

Pray that God will clear his heart and mind, and that he will take it upon himself to research the claims of Christianity (The authority of Scritpures, the resurrection, and the exclusivity of Christ), and that he might be willing to receive the gift of eternal life that is freely offered. His name is John.
Is there chance he joins us or will he be too busy with baby mommas?

Back