• Biblical Families is not a dating website. It is a forum to discuss issues relating to marriage and the Bible, and to offer guidance and support, not to find a wife. Click here for more information.

New and I need advice

It doesn’t nor was it intended to.
I just found the wording extremely humorous.
So sorry that you don’t.
My hubby told me he really did not like the immaturity on this forum, so he wasn't going to participate anymore. He told me I had permission to continue if I wanted but didn't advise it. I think after seeing this extremely immature remark, he was right. This is extremely disrespectful to the dear lady who started this thread. Scriptures are not "slams". This isn't junior high. Freaking grow up. I am never logging on here again. If a new person saw this, it would give a very bad impression. Done with this forum and plan to steer others interested away.

My hubby told me he really did not like the immaturity on this forum, so he wasn't going to participate anymore. He told me I had permission to continue if I wanted but didn't advise it. I think after seeing this extremely immature remark, he was right. This is extremely disrespectful to the dear lady who started this thread. Scriptures are not "slams". This isn't junior high. Freaking grow up. I am never logging on here again. If a new person saw this, it would give a very bad impression. Done with this forum and plan to steer others interested away.
I've had issues with beliefs being espoused that I didn't agree with and thought about not participating. I talked to people in private and was saying my goodbyes. Then after good council decided that the only way to change things or make a difference is stay. If it was really about the maturity level confronting them was the right step. The emotionally immature outburst you just did shows its not about immaturity level of the forum and its probably that you were looking to excuse to leave for some reason, maybe you didn't get out of the forum what yall were looking for and took the opportunity to grandstand and try to make yourself look better than others. If you simply would have faded away that would of been classy. When a new people see this they will get a very bad impression of an emotionally charged woman who got offended made a fuss for nothing, because the dear lady who started this thread hasn't logged on since she posted it. I would say that yall would be missed but I cant say, other than this post which is how you'll be remembered, that yall contributed anything of true value or memorable so...

@Jennifer, I am sorry to hear you feel this way. Biblical Families, or any public forum for that matter, is not for everyone. You have to have tons of grace and a pretty thick skin to deal with so many different beliefs and personalities. I hope that we have provided at least something good for your family during your time here. I know it isn't a natural "fit" for your family but I had hoped out of that we could all learn something of value. I wish your family well and hope that you will find another place to gain support for whatever God has for your family.

@Jennifer, I wish you well.
If you can receive it, the spirit that you and your husband display will not serve you well in an attempt at a polygynous lifestyle.

Bye Felicia!

I posted a Bible verse. God speaks for Himself.
"Beware of searching for truth anywhere but in the blessed word of God; dread as much to leave it for an instant, as a blind man would dread to walk amidst pits and precipices without a guide, or a mariner to sail among rocks and shoals without a pilot. Remember what the Psalmist says, ‘Thy word is a lamp unto my feet, and a light unto my path."
Reverend Martin Madan

1 Corinthians 14:35 And if they will learn any thing, let them ask their husbands at home: for it is a shame for women to speak in the church.
Now there’s a slam.........
:D
I just found the wording extremely humorous.

I thought it was/is funny and many a man would probably think so too!
Men like it when their wives listen to them.....not try and tell them what the pastor....or any other man said.

Forums aren't exactly a church.... more potential for drama maybe since it is not real face to face? @julieb is very right that tons of grace and a pretty thick skin are helpful when dealing with many denominational backgrounds and different views on issues.

I'm sorry to see people leave, but wish them well in going if they are not being blessed by participating/reading here.

Best wishes to @Jennifer and family.

Back