• Biblical Families is not a dating website. It is a forum to discuss issues relating to marriage and the Bible, and to offer guidance and support, not to find a wife. Click here for more information.

Plural marriage is among consenting adults

WOW!!
I thought the article was written very well and brought up some good and valid points. It also clearly stated that a plural marriage was between consenting adults who were all in agreement. You could feel the anger and hatred in some of the points. When the Chaplain brought some information home for me to read, well over a year ago, and the man in the article refused to say where he lived and other personal information , my comment was, "well if he has more than one wife he shouldn't be ashamed. " The Chaplain tried to explain to me that the man wasn't ashamed, he was just protecting his family. I can understand that better now than I did even a year ago. Some of the replies are downright scary. Is it better to follow man's laws or to follow GOD's LAWS?.. according to some of the posts, it is better to follow man's laws instead of GOD's Law , especially when it comes to plural marriages. Just my 2 cents worth.

One thing I found interesting is that the posts from the "anti-polygamy" people were full of fear, anger and even hate! But, the ones from the "pro-polgymay" people had none of those undertones in them at all (a little sarcasm here and there - but none of those extremely negative emotions). God's Word says they will know us by our "love for one another"............. hmmmm, makes you wonder if any of those "anti" people truly know God at all :?

Shari

Back