• Biblical Families is not a dating website. It is a forum to discuss issues relating to marriage and the Bible, and to offer guidance and support, not to find a wife. Click here for more information.

Poly Practised Elsewhere

Interesting perspective from the Catholics...

Polygamy “is against the will of God and we must desist from it,” the Kenya Conference of Catholic Bishops said in a recent statement. “We should uphold human dignity, and especially the dignity of the woman.”
Noting that the Church upholds the “sanctity of the family unit,” Bishop Philip A. Anyolo of Homa Bay, conference chairman, said Kenya’s leaders should work on “better ideas of promoting and protecting family values.”

“There are more than 10 pastors running churches in Lahore with two wives. The same can be said of a few Christian politicians,” said LCA chairman Khadim Perwaiz Masih. “We are trying to put forward recommendations to excommunicate such Christians … We shall continue holding such programs and appear on television talk shows until our demands are realized.” Catholic Vicar General Father Andrew Nisari told UCA News: “Both Catholic and Protestant Churches in Pakistan agree to excommunicate polygamists.

They will overlook all manner of sin and false teaching. But offend their women worshiping sensibilities and its excommunication for you. Which is exactly how the church in America behaves.

You can tell what churches really care about by what they'll kick you out for.

I must be Jewish!

This article characterizing Tonga people is a generalization. I know some Tonga people who will eat caterpillars as I've seen them do so, but not mice. The tribes around them though... I'm not sure of anything they won't eat.

Last edited:
Back