• Biblical Families is not a dating website. It is a forum to discuss issues relating to marriage and the Bible, and to offer guidance and support, not to find a wife. Click here for more information.

Poly Practised Elsewhere

I thought that was pretty sad/pitiful to have so many fertile women and not have a mess of kids out of each of them.
Your comment made me wonder about Solomon. Out of 1000 women I'd have thought he'd have a massive number of kids. But I don't remember any particularly large number of them being mentioned anywhere.

Your comment made me wonder about Solomon. Out of 1000 women I'd have thought he'd have a massive number of kids. But I don't remember any particularly large number of them being mentioned anywhere.
I think it would be highly unlikely that he didn't sire hundreds if not thousands of kids. You are right that the Bible doesn't mention a large number, although not being mentioned does not preclude their existence, only that they were not vitally important to mention.

Kind of like how in the Gospel of John it says that Jesus performed many more miracles that were not recorded.

My 2 cents

I think it would be highly unlikely that he didn't sire hundreds if not thousands of kids. You are right that the Bible doesn't mention a large number, although not being mentioned does not preclude their existence, only that they were not vitally important to mention.

Kind of like how in the Gospel of John it says that Jesus performed many more miracles that were not recorded.

My 2 cents
He also started worshipping gods which demanded child sacrifice or at least some of his wives. I think some of his children ended their life this way.

I thought that was pretty sad/pitiful to have so many fertile women and not have a mess of kids out of each of them.
Today's culture is heavily anti-natalist.

He said that he wants to one child with each wife. Total 10 children. More would be truly pushing boundaries in today's culture. Parents with 5 children are already seen as freaks.

Today's culture is heavily anti-natalist.

He said that he wants to one child with each wife. Total 10 children. More would be truly pushing boundaries in today's culture. Parents with 5 children are already seen as freaks.
And being a polygamist with 10 wives fits into the culture?! If you're going to non-sequitur go all out I say. Mind as well have 40 kids if you're an outcast anyhow. :)

Back