• Biblical Families is not a dating website. It is a forum to discuss issues relating to marriage and the Bible, and to offer guidance and support, not to find a wife. Click here for more information.

Polygyny date site?

JPR

I'm curious, and have considered doing it myself, but figured why re-invent the wheel.
Sure there are polygamy date sites but most of them are geared towards ALL polygamy including polyandry.
As we know anything other than polygyny is not biblically acceptable. Many of these sites have a lot of Mormons on there.
My thought was, a site that is Biblically polygyny focused is needed so we can stop supporting these sites that are potentially supporting immorality.
Sure, it can be a way to bring someone that needs to be saved into the fold but it's also supporting what shouldn't be supported and making it difficult for women looking for proper headship to find proper headship.
My thought is why not start a biblical polygyny date site, maybe linked to biblical families? The focus is to give men, women and families a way to find biblical men, women and families and to help filter through the chaff.
Thoughts?

My thought was a site that is specifically for biblical polygyny, not a free for all. But you are right, it does take a lot of work.

My thought was a site that is specifically for biblical polygyny, not a free for all. But you are right, it does take a lot of work.

We made a conscious choice to be open to all forms of polygamy (which in the traditional sense meant polygyny for 99% of the historical population of the world). So, by that I mean supporting it no matter the path you took to get there.

The reason for this is rather broad. The niche is narrow to begin with and you risk choking it down to nothing if you niche down too far. Then you have no members, and it does no one any good whatsoever.

On the other hand, if you open up to every swinger and weirdo out there you end up with a competing site (who shall remain nameless). The objective for us was to welcome and encourage anyone that came to polygamy wanting love, family, and their place in the world. That was a type of platform that did not exist.

Religious conviction, political leaning, or total world view was a different thing. And, while most of that takes care of itself once you focus on family and traditional relationships, it really doesn't matter if someone is completely lost and not fully down their path when they get to us (women, for example). They got far enough to know that the "regular" world wasn't doing it for them, in many cases that it left them feeling that there was a great something missing, and they feel that polygamy may offer the home, life, and love they always wanted. Who are we to cast them back into the world that they were smart enough to turn away from?

They got this far. If they meet the right people, they will help them along the rest of the way, if that is what is right for them.

In my view, for those that want to be more niched down, this forum is the place to be and share thoughts.

Yes, but they also apparently will delete your profile for no reason, with no explanation, etc.
I have never used @ModernPolygamy's website, but have administered this forum for many years, and I know very well that there are certain individuals who have had negative experiences here (from their perspective) and as a result recommend people do not use this forum. Rightly or wrongly (I obviously think "wrongly" but I'm clearly biased!). I would just politely suggest that you listen to such stories compassionately - it is probable that whoever told you that truly did have a negative experience - but do not assume that it is representative of what most other people experience, or that it is what you would experience. There is always a larger story behind every such situation, which may not be fully appreciated or even fully known by the person who feels like the victim. So don't jump to conclusions based on a single testimony (if that is what you are doing).

Last edited:
I have never used @ModernPolygamy's website, but have administered this forum for many years, and I know very well that there are certain individuals who have had negative experiences here (from their perspective) and as a result recommend people do not use this forum. Rightly or wrongly (I obviously think "wrongly" but I'm clearly biased!). I would just politely suggest that you listen to such stories compassionately - it is probable that whoever told you that truly did have a negative experience - but do not assume that it is representative of what most other people experience, or that it is what you would experience. There is always a larger story behind every such situation, which may not be fully appreciated or even fully known by the person who feels like the victim. So don't jump to conclusions based on a single testimony (if that is what you are doing).
They themselves say as much on the website.

They themselves say as much on the website.
That much is true, we retain the right not to explain ourselves as we will not get into an arguing match over "Your TOS says this so you can't kick me for Y". For example, I have deleted accounts without warning for uploading pictures where they are flipping the middle finger at the camera.

Does the TOS need to specify that flipping the bird is not acceptable in profile pictures? Or perhaps where it is acceptable, may not be acceptable, or how we differentiate between what may be an awkwardly placed middle finger vs something clearly vulgar?

No, there is a lot of judgement call being made to keep a clean site and something that does not descend into the wasteland of something else. ...do we step on toes sometime? Yes, absolutely. But every judgment call is based around what is best for the community, the tone that must be maintained, and standards of decorum.

And we are always open for a respectful back and forth on why we do something, if something is OK, and why not.

That said, we do have a nasty habit of abruptly terminating fakes and scammers and will not discuss those. So if an account uploaded and AI generated image to test things out and gets deleted, it's not something that is likely to get explained or even replied to.

I have encountered a fake or two there and upon reporting them they were gone in short order.

Only criticism I have is way less about the site and more about how it would not hurt my feelings if more ladies discovered it. Wink wink nudge nudge girls got to pump those numbers

Last edited:
Back