• Biblical Families is not a dating website. It is a forum to discuss issues relating to marriage and the Bible, and to offer guidance and support, not to find a wife. Click here for more information.

Random Comments

This comment just made me realize that Eve had hairy legs, this is causing a tectonic shift In my perception of the world...
I propose that we come up with a new revelation, that leg hair on women was a result of the fall.

This comment just made me realize that Eve had hairy legs, this is causing a tectonic shift In my perception of the world...
So, Eve's legs were smooth and soft, and never scratchy and stubbly? Nice. I'm struggling to see why this is a strange concept. Given all the men here are either bearded or wish they were, why would their wives consistently behave in the exact opposite fashion to fit in with the bikini-wearing world? Don't tell me your wives also taste gross as they're painting their faces with chemicals every day, I'm starting to wonder how serious you all are about real manliness and real femininity!

So, Eve's legs were smooth and soft, and never scratchy and stubbly? Nice. I'm struggling to see why this is a strange concept. Given all the men here are either bearded or wish they were, why would their wives consistently behave in the exact opposite fashion to fit in with the bikini-wearing world? Don't tell me your wives also taste gross as they're painting their faces with chemicals every day, I'm starting to wonder how serious you all are about real manliness and real femininity!
It is funny how cultural norms effect us.

However, this anti-bikini thing, you are going to have to give me chapter and verse for why a woman can’t wear one.... unless she has hairy legs, then it’s definitely a sin!

Ah, I thought it was implied by your wording. You are pro bikini then?
I wouldn't say that. I am not expressing an opinion on bikinis, I just happened to use that word in an off-the-cuff light-hearted description of secular society.

What I am saying is that a natural woman has hairy legs. If anyone thinks that "normal" for women is shaved legs, they should seriously re-examine their thoughts about what is normal. Especially if they themselves prefer to have a beard - legs are many times the size of chins, so it is far more unnatural to shave legs than just to shave a chin. I know that your own comment was light-hearted though, so chose to point out the silliness of it in a similarly light-hearted fashion.

Back