• Biblical Families is not a dating website. It is a forum to discuss issues relating to marriage and the Bible, and to offer guidance and support, not to find a wife. Click here for more information.

From Staff Real People

No Pinocchio meme?
Here you go! One day I wish to be a real boy!

9655888897a1e4e9ef02674e353051f0.jpg
R.da6e6a1868477fe8971bed1f12f6df28

You will have noticed a lot of green and orange "Real Person" labels popping up under people's usernames recently. There are two types of labels:

"Real Person": We have actually met this person in real life, and know they are real.

"Real Person*": We have communicated with this person sufficiently in a range of different ways to be comfortable that they are a real individual and not a bot or scammer, but have not yet had the opportunity to meet them in person.

This forum is a community of real people, many of whom know each other in person. The heart of this ministry is real-world retreats and other in-person get-togethers, the forum works in parallel to this. We know who each other are, and we know we are discussing matters here seriously with real people. I hope these labels will help to illustrate that, as well as providing another tool to inform the discernment of anybody who is unsure of the veracity of an individual.

These labels are not an endorsement of the person involved, just a confirmation that they're not just a random internet troll / bot / scammer.

Also, the fact that someone does not have a "Real Person" label does not necessarily mean they are not genuine. It just means we have not yet met them.

To discuss adding or removing those labels from anybody, contact me by private conversation.
Well let me know if you want to talk on the phone. Meeting may be hard because my wife isn’t 100% sold on polygyny so coming to events are far off.

Well let me know if you want to talk on the phone. Meeting may be hard because my wife isn’t 100% sold on polygyny so coming to events are far off.
Where do live, if you don’t mind my asking?
Maybe someone lives close enough to have a cup of coffee with you?

I'm in the same boat. I went to the St. Louis gathering on my own. I don't know if my situation will ever change but I work in the clergy marketplace and wish to support the cause. Peace and Blessings.
What is the clergy marketplace?

Is
You will have noticed a lot of green and orange "Real Person" labels popping up under people's usernames recently. There are two types of labels:

"Real Person": We have actually met this person in real life, and know they are real.

"Real Person*": We have communicated with this person sufficiently in a range of different ways to be comfortable that they are a real individual and not a bot or scammer, but have not yet had the opportunity to meet them in person.

This forum is a community of real people, many of whom know each other in person. The heart of this ministry is real-world retreats and other in-person get-togethers, the forum works in parallel to this. We know who each other are, and we know we are discussing matters here seriously with real people. I hope these labels will help to illustrate that, as well as providing another tool to inform the discernment of anybody who is unsure of the veracity of an individual.

These labels are not an endorsement of the person involved, just a confirmation that they're not just a random internet troll / bot / scammer.

Also, the fact that someone does not have a "Real Person" label does not necessarily mean they are not genuine. It just means we have not yet met them.

To discuss adding or removing those labels from anybody, contact me by private conversation.
everything okay? I hope not to be judged as a ‘scam’- people have been overwhelming kind in my introduction thread. It seems like my technology skill lacking (fundie problems haha) cause me mutch confusion, but it seems like I cannot fully log in or view certain parts?

Anyway! Running a website must be very time consuming- I hope all is well!

I hear you. I still can't edit my posts.
I guess I'll never be seen as a real person.
You should be able to edit your posts, and should have been able to for a very long time. There should be a button labelled "edit" underneath your posts - all the settings are correct for this to appear. So look hard at the above post which you just made - if you're on a mobile device it might be hidden in a submenu. Posts can only be edited for a few days after posting, so look at a recent post. If you really can't find it send me a screenshot of what you see.

You should be able to edit your posts, and should have been able to for a very long time. There should be a button labelled "edit" underneath your posts - all the settings are correct for this to appear. So look hard at the above post which you just made - if you're on a mobile device it might be hidden in a submenu. Posts can only be edited for a few days after posting, so look at a recent post. If you really can't find it send me a screenshot of what you see.
You are correct about the submenu.
I am on my phone and had not noticed the submenu but yes I see it now.
Thanks

Back