• Biblical Families is not a dating website. It is a forum to discuss issues relating to marriage and the Bible, and to offer guidance and support, not to find a wife. Click here for more information.

So I'm Introducing Myself...

(Am curious about how the glitch is happening though)
Almost certainly something to do with what you copied and pasted your end (I often think I've copied one thing and only find I hadn't copied it when I paste and some random thing I'd copied ages ago appears instead). Just keep an eye on it next time and see if it happens again, if it's repeated and really does seem to be this end we can look into it. I doubt it will occur again.

Almost certainly something to do with what you copied and pasted your end (I often think I've copied one thing and only find I hadn't copied it when I paste and some random thing I'd copied ages ago appears instead). Just keep an eye on it next time and see if it happens again, if it's repeated and really does seem to be this end we can look into it. I doubt it will occur again.
No sir...literly zero chance.

Last time I even saw the video was posting it here yes...couple of years ago. On a different phone.
All the links I sent were unique and unrelated to that song.
I had it pop up the other day instead of the link I posted to the site. I caught it and pasted the same link into a browser and it to me to the video I intended as opposed to the super based wurzels romance ballad.

Now I am going to go listen to it. Gotta love a love song where boy is wooing girl

I may not be a fan of country music but that song was funny. I'm glad we had this little accident with copying links 🤣
Glad you enjoyed it.
While I did post it a long time ago as a whimsical example of how to woo a woman or some such, I do unironically like the song. It is fun.

Is it country music? I suppose upon consideration given the themes it certainly is rural focused. The only stuff I know that falls into the country music category is super old so I am not aware of what falls into the category currently

I thought they considered you all comrades in arms so to speak.
Yes that! That is the blog that led me here!
I had no idea there were christians who practiced poly before reading a post on that blog

Was it my article that led you here or do they mention Biblical Families someplace else, or did the blog inspire you to further search and you found us?

Was it my article that led you here or do they mention Biblical Families someplace else, or did the blog inspire you to further search and you found us?
They have a resources page and Biblical families was the first one they mention. It took a while though before I actually decided to try joining the forum though

They have a resources page and Biblical families was the first one they mention. It took a while though before I actually decided to try joining the forum though
It's encouraging that they specifically point to the "common objections" page as helpful. That page was what I found most helpful also when I first found this website, and I then revised and expanded it a few years ago when we upgraded the website. It's encouraging to hear that is useful for others also. Incidentally, it has been some time since that was looked at, so if it's missing any important objections let me know and we can add them.

I had an encounter with two LDS Missionaries last night. Good conversation! Somewhat enlightening as well.

I had an encounter with two LDS Missionaries last night. Good conversation! Somewhat enlightening as well.
I have only ever had one encounter where a pair wanted to talk to me about religion.
Unsurprisingly I confused them as my position is that their church wussed out for the money and power that was brought by statehood. Polygamy is a core principle or it is not. No wiggling and weaseling.

Yes, the heads of the church at that time made the wrong choice. They never should have let go of polygamy. They should have held out and endured the shame of the christian world. But they did not and many of the citizens still unwilling to accept polygamy, and desiring to once again be a part of the nation they had loved, were willing or eager to give up the practice.

Yes, the heads of the church at that time made the wrong choice. They never should have let go of polygamy. They should have held out and endured the shame of the christian world. But they did not and many of the citizens still unwilling to accept polygamy, and desiring to once again be a part of the nation they had loved, were willing or eager to give up the practice.
Which is just a microcosm of the myriad other 'statutes, judgments, and commandments' that He said to keep "forever,' and "throughout your generations," and "in all your dwelling places," that they not only "gave up," but declared "anathema" and started 'excommunicating' and then burning people for doing.

Oops - that was a bit earlier 'church'. But, same essential problem... ;)

Pleasant to hear that from someone who I believe has said they were a Mormon.
Standards should be standards if one truly believes.

To ask a lateral question...I asked in another thread about people's vision of heaven. I think I know the vision from the Mormon point of view but it was years ago looked it up and I sm unsure how the plural marriage part is supposed to dovetail into it.
Fill me in?

Pleasant to hear that from someone who I believe has said they were a Mormon.
Yes I am Mormon. I am not FLDS, never even met one, seen one, or spoken to one. Just to clarify

I am not the only member, I have met that feels that way, but we usually keep a bit quieter as the people who hate polygamy tend to be more boisterous in whatever congregation you are in.
To ask a lateral question...I asked in another thread about people's vision of heaven. I think I know the vision from the Mormon point of view but it was years ago looked it up and I sm unsure how the plural marriage part is supposed to dovetail into it.
Fill me in?
Honestly I am a little confused by your question.

Why wouldn't it fit in? I see literally no reason why an LDS vision of heaven (telestial, terrestrial, and celestial) or a regular christian denomination view of heaven would contradict polygamy. Though maybe I'm missing something.

Yes I am Mormon. I am not FLDS, never even met one, seen one, or spoken to one. Just to clarify

I am not the only member, I have met that feels that way, but we usually keep a bit quieter as the people who hate polygamy tend to be more boisterous in whatever congregation you are in.

Not surprised. I will be kind and not go off on one of my normal evolutionary psychology musings and it's connection to the phenomenon as is my normal habit.
Honestly I am a little confused by your question.

Why wouldn't it fit in? I see literally no reason why an LDS vision of heaven (telestial, terrestrial, and celestial) or a regular christian denomination view of heaven would contradict polygamy. Though maybe I'm missing something.
I am not saying thst it doesn't allow for plural marriage...a bit confused by by what I have previously been told ie you have a worl of Eden like beauty and easy resources to you and your family and that you continue to live a second everlasting life with your family. Here is how the two versions versions have heard differ. Those who are plyg-life types believe that all your wives are there as well. Those who do not believe in plural marriage apparently believe that it will be their wife and a precious wife if you were a widower.

Keep in mind that these were explanations I was given many years ago by people I apparently made nervous and they were not doing the best to communicate the why heaven theoretically transformed and the rules changed when the statehood ultimatum came down.

So, that is why why was asking about your own personal vision and image. Yes I am interested broadly in what the pantheon's scripture says but I am more interested in individual interpretation and vision.

We can all be told the same description and draw vastly divergent images in our minds eye.
So, draw me a picture is what what am asking

Keep in mind that these were explanations I was given many years ago by people I apparently made nervous and they were not doing the best to communicate the why heaven theoretically transformed and the rules changed when the statehood ultimatum came down.
I can't blame them. I'm honestly a bit wary to post a very contradictory opinions here on a site filled with characters who enjoy and are much more adept at argument than I am.
So, that is why why was asking about your own personal vision and image. Yes I am interested broadly in what the pantheon's scripture says but I am more interested in individual interpretation and vision.

We can all be told the same description and draw vastly divergent images in our minds eye.
So, draw me a picture is what what am asking
What I wrote might not be clear so I apologize for that in advance. But I am only a 26 year old girl and I haven't seen heaven, at least not yet. Maybe I'll let you know what it's like when I get there. ;)o_O
Honestly unless you've seen heaven everything is a musing.
Joseph Smith once said something to the effect of if one could peer into heaven for 5 minutes they would know more than after reading everything ever written on the subject. And I couldn't agree more.

Basically the LDS belief is that if you are "sealed" to your family and live worthily, etc, gaining more knowledge and becoming more like God as you are commanded to by Christ ("be ye therefore perfect even as I and your father in heaven is perfect") then you can live with your family in the highest degree of the celestial kingdom where God is (according to a vision and a revelation had by Joseph Smith).
A lot of member will accept polygany as one man can be sealed to his wife and if his wife dies he can be sealed to a second. However, a lot still take great offense to this. As far as Polygyny is concerned the answer is that yes, we believe it fits in with heaven and if you don't like it you'll have to lump it.

Personally I can say that I don't have a clear idea of what heaven will be like, it's something I have recently found myself trying to search out in the scriptures and revelations. But I feel confident that it is a much nicer place than even we could now picture and we should strive to live like someone who belongs there. As I don't believe we are all magically going to be made perfect, unfeeling beings.

I can't blame them. I'm honestly a bit wary to post a very contradictory opinions here on a site filled with characters who enjoy and are much more adept at argument than I am.
My advice would be to not worry so much. Skill at debate or just bullheaddesire to argue doesn't necessitate that one knows what they are talking about or that they don't simply have their wires crossed on a pretty fundamental level. Given that we are all just words on a screen unless we happen to meet irl, counter opinions don't necessarily need to hold that much weight over your head as it were...would say that one should be open to learning as well. Personally I have learned a lot by listening and taking the time to think ideas through.
Oh to be able to spend a couple of days with my younger self dissuading that lumpheaded kid of some ludicrous notions.
What I wrote might not be clear so I apologize for that in advance. But I am only a 26 year old girl and I haven't seen heaven, at least not yet. Maybe I'll let you know what it's like when I get there. ;)o_O

you are doing grand
Honestly unless you've seen heaven everything is a musing.

that is part of my point though... I am interested in the musing of others. Ideas, visions, little and large.
Joseph Smith once said something to the effect of if one could peer into heaven for 5 minutes they would know more than after reading everything ever written on the subject. And I couldn't agree more.

Basically the LDS belief is that if you are "sealed" to your family and live worthily, etc, gaining more knowledge and becoming more like God as you are commanded to by Christ ("be ye therefore perfect even as I and your father in heaven is perfect") then you can live with your family in the highest degree of the celestial kingdom where God is (according to a vision and a revelation had by Joseph Smith).
A lot of member will accept polygany as one man can be sealed to his wife and if his wife dies he can be sealed to a second. However, a lot still take great offense to this. As far as Polygyny is concerned the answer is that yes, we believe it fits in with heaven and if you don't like it you'll have to lump it.

Personally I can say that I don't have a clear idea of what heaven will be like, it's something I have recently found myself trying to search out in the scriptures and revelations. But I feel confident that it is a much nicer place than even we could now picture and we should strive to live like someone who belongs there. As I don't believe we are all magically going to be made perfect, unfeeling beings.
In the event you come across anything that helps solidify your own image, do tag me and fill me in. It is an interesting topic.

Personally I have learned a lot by listening and taking the time to think ideas through.
Oh I don't mind listening to ideas or other peoples opinions. Disagreement is natural you can't be friends if you can't disagree with people. I just don't like being swamped on either side with contrary remarks. One at a time thank you very much. 😅 One on one in person situations are much easier to handle than the masses online. Although I'm still easily intimidated and hours later my sister will hear me say: "Oh that's what I should I have said! I can't believe I didn't think of it! Or think, at all..."
that is part of my point though... I am interested in the musing of others. Ideas, visions, little and large.
Yes, and I was grateful you said that
In the event you come across anything that helps solidify your own image, do tag me and fill me in. It is an interesting topic.
Will do if I can. I'd be happy to hear what everyone said on the matter if you'd point me to the thread

Yes, and I was grateful you said that
Happy to
Will do if I can. I'd be happy to hear what everyone said on the matter if you'd point me to the thread
I am 99% sure it is in the random comments thread within the last couple of days that I posed the question and got a handful of replies.
You might be interested to know that others visions are not any more specific than your own over and above citations of scripture.

I am not sure is there is any analysis to be had pro, con or sideways from whether one does or doesn't have an explicit image. Interesting to muse on

Back