• Biblical Families is not a dating website. It is a forum to discuss issues relating to marriage and the Bible, and to offer guidance and support, not to find a wife. Click here for more information.

Timid hello from Northern MI

Mimi Sivils

Hey guys, I have been so hesitant to join this forum because I feel like I’m coming into y’all’s bedroom😬 My husband and I have been working through a lot of information about polygyny as well as breaking down my social conditioning. I know there’s a lot I’ve been brainwashed against and this topic is one of them. I have always wanted to seek truth above everything else and live out God’s will for my life no matter how uncomfortable…well, here we go. I’ve “prayed dangerously” my whole life asking God to show me truth and telling Him “I am willing and all I have is yours” and He goes, “oh really? How about this?”🤦🏼‍♀️ Okay, so the one thing I refused to even consider and never thought I’d have to, He brought before me again and said, “are you willing to give me this?” It’s easy to say we are willing, but oh so hard when He actually asks us to give it over to Him. I had a horrible childhood riddled with chronic trauma and never having a parent I could trust or feel safe with, so this is especially difficult to do. But I know that with His help and leading, I will be just fine; I always have been in His hands! So mainly it comes down to this, truth is truth, no matter how many people reject it, and I wish to stand for the truth regardless of discomfort to myself (though my husband assures me it won’t be as uncomfortable as I think😏). We aren’t made to be comfortable if we are to be His true followers. Comfort is the enemy of progress and stops us from doing God’s will because we don’t want to “rock the boat.” Anyhow, hello to you all, thank you in advance for welcoming me and praying for me.

Hey guys, I have been so hesitant to join this forum because I feel like I’m coming into y’all’s bedroom😬 My husband and I have been working through a lot of information about polygyny as well as breaking down my social conditioning. I know there’s a lot I’ve been brainwashed against and this topic is one of them. I have always wanted to seek truth above everything else and live out God’s will for my life no matter how uncomfortable…well, here we go. I’ve “prayed dangerously” my whole life asking God to show me truth and telling Him “I am willing and all I have is yours” and He goes, “oh really? How about this?”🤦🏼‍♀️ Okay, so the one thing I refused to even consider and never thought I’d have to, He brought before me again and said, “are you willing to give me this?” It’s easy to say we are willing, but oh so hard when He actually asks us to give it over to Him. I had a horrible childhood riddled with chronic trauma and never having a parent I could trust or feel safe with, so this is especially difficult to do. But I know that with His help and leading, I will be just fine; I always have been in His hands! So mainly it comes down to this, truth is truth, no matter how many people reject it, and I wish to stand for the truth regardless of discomfort to myself (though my husband assures me it won’t be as uncomfortable as I think😏). We aren’t made to be comfortable if we are to be His true followers. Comfort is the enemy of progress and stops us from doing God’s will because we don’t want to “rock the boat.” Anyhow, hello to you all, thank you in advance for welcoming me and praying for me.

Welcome to the party.

Hey guys, I have been so hesitant to join this forum because I feel like I’m coming into y’all’s bedroom😬
Relax. I'm usually in the kitchen. Lol
I’ve “prayed dangerously” my whole life asking God to show me truth and telling Him “I am willing and all I have is yours” and He goes, “oh really? How about this?”
I think this is really what sets the serious apart. If we believe truth is good, and sets us free, why would we be afraid of it?

Welcome to the fellowship here at Biblical Families!

Welcome! There's quite the assortment of lovely and wise women here to offer counsel and perspective as you work through the questions and emotional roller coaster. My wife isn't on here much, neither am I but the ladies' chat would be a great idea for finding some women to chat with.

Glad you joined us, and let your husband know he is encouraged to sign up as well!

Who is he? I've not been up to speed! lol

Welcome!
My commendations on praying dangerously!

Shalom and welcome

Brachot v'shalom!

Welcome!

Back