• Biblical Families is not a dating website. It is a forum to discuss issues relating to marriage and the Bible, and to offer guidance and support, not to find a wife. Click here for more information.

Timid hello from Northern MI

"I’ve “prayed dangerously” my whole life asking God to show me truth and telling Him “I am willing and all I have is yours” and He goes, “oh really? How about this?” "

I've read your post twice. Apparently I didn't respond the 1st time, but I remembered what you said .. mainly the later portion of what I'm quoting. Once, when I popped on here, I tried searching for it, not knowing which female on here said it, I couldn't find it then but unintentionally 'bumped' into it now. I must respond. 😊

It basically sounds like my story. For far too long, I was rather lukewarm as a believer. But God opened my eyes to that and my dire need to have meaningful devotions, not merely whipping through a quick reading of 1 chapter from the Bible, but striving to truly get something out of it. As you probably can imagine, this grew me, spiritually.

When my love showed me what the scriptures say about polygyny...I honestly struggled. But I'm sure that I would have never embraced it if I wasn't 1) a believer & 2) grounded in God's word, and 3) wanting to please Him.

My man has since written a book on polygyny. I am proud of him for courageously, and thoroughly studying on this topic, and paving a way for me to therefore learn about it, more easily.

Thank you for sharing your testimony about this. God is speaking through it. I know He spoke to me, reminding me of my journey. We are not alone. 🙂

Back