• Biblical Families is not a dating website. It is a forum to discuss issues relating to marriage and the Bible, and to offer guidance and support, not to find a wife. Click here for more information.

Trip to Palm Springs

MeganC

Seasoned Member
Real Person*
Female
A couple weeks ago I found out that Steve had an investment in a project in Palm Springs (PS). Deciding to go check it out I took three of my girls with me. I had originally wanted to stay at the Hotel California because it was closer to where I needed to be and not too expensive. BUT they don't allow kids. So at the last minute a friend of ours who lives in PS got us a room at the Worldmark Indio and that was MUCH better! ;)

The girls had fun at the pool and our friend kept an eye on them while I did business on Friday and Sunday. The girls got to hang out with other teenagers and they had a lot of fun.

We also got up to Joshua Tree National Park on Monday which was really beautiful! We were there during the eclipse and it was more like the sun dimmed. We did not see the total blackout like other people got to see.

Here are some pictures from various places on the trip:

1712940947272.png

1712941052786.png

I had to go see Elvis Presly's house...

1712941154886.png

This was the view from our room in Indio:

1712941255871.png

1712941337715.png

1712941297901.png

These are chollo which are NASTY cactus!!!

1712941508885.png

1712941563212.png

And there it is! :)

Looks like fun! I'm glad you had a good time. And what kind of hotel doesn't accept children?!

Looks like fun! I'm glad you had a good time. And what kind of hotel doesn't accept children?!

Hotel California isn't exactly up front about this. Their disclaimer is this:

We pride ourselves in making this a quiet, romantic, adult getaway!

I booked a suite for four and when I showed up with three teenage girls the clerk was all heck no!

The clerk was nice enough to help with a few things and the friend I was going to see anyway found us the room in Indio which was less expensive and the resort was much nicer. The place in Indio is a timeshare resort and they tried to sell me one but were fine with just letting us stay for the five nights. It was much nicer for the girls (and for me) with two pools and a 'Lazy River" thing where you can float around in circles all day.

We all four came back with sunburns but nothing too bad.

Fun! Thanks for sharing, Megan! Looking at the pictures kinda felt like we got a mini vacation too. We may be harboring a bit of jealousy of you getting to go swimming though lol. It’s 60° here right now and the kids are outside having a water fight… I think we might all be just a bit desperate for summer.

Sounds like it was a fun trip! I hope you were able to get the information you needed about the project.
It’s 60° here right now and the kids are outside having a water fight… I think we might all be just a bit desperate for summer.

A water fight would be awesome here. It's 110 and the aircon just died, but hopefully we can get it repaired quickly.

That was a great little picture vacation! Our family has been to Joshua Tree NP a couple of times and have always enjoyed the desert beauty of it. Glad you had a good trip with the girls!

I’ve spent some time just north of there in 29 Palms. It is a starkly beautiful area.

We got up there the evening after we saw Joshua Tree and visited some of Steve's friends. To me the wide open spaces were every bit as beautiful as the park was! And we got to see one of these fly over! It was a lot closer than it looks in the picture!

1713034060347.png

We got up there the evening after we saw Joshua Tree and visited some of Steve's friends. To me the wide open spaces were every bit as beautiful as the park was! And we got to see one of these fly over! It was a lot closer than it looks in the picture!

View attachment 6887
One of the most amazing things I’ve ever seen happened at that base. It was attached to the absolutely funniest thing I’ve ever seen.

I'm glad to hear that you all had a wonderful time. The photos were beautiful.

I'm sure you obeyed all the California gun laws while you were there. 😉

This photo looks like the place where Captain Kirk fought Gorn the lizard guy.

1713052918496.png

Back