• Biblical Families is not a dating website. It is a forum to discuss issues relating to marriage and the Bible, and to offer guidance and support, not to find a wife. Click here for more information.

2019 Summer Conference and Family Retreat (late July)

nathan

Administrator
Staff member
Real Person
Male
No date yet, to give us some flexibility as we search for location, but likely between July 19 and Aug 8. And this year we are trying for Texas (or OK/AR/LA if TX proves tough) - this is new, and those East will have to travel farther - and hopefully meet some folks who don't make it to TN/NC for the summer retreats usually.

If you have ideas about where to hold this, you can write Andrew or I or Julie or all of us. Remember that we are kinda picky. OK, cheap. Ideally hotel-style rooms, and family cabins, and camping spots all available. Not too expensive. Meals available, or a big kitchen and dining room we can use. Light on the dough. And we like our privacy. And a big meeting room. Stuff for kids to do outside. Up to 100 people perhaps. Did I mention we don't want to spend much? There are great places to rent, but often the $ rules them out.

Pray we find the right location before too long. We'll keep you informed.

Use this thread to cajole other people into coming, after they grumble about the long drive with kids in the back seat.

Last edited:
The sooner dates can be locked in, the better. That timeframe usually gets booked on my calendar 6+ months in advance...

My wife and I would be interested in going. How long is the Conference/Retreat?

That is our typical format, but the summer retreat lends itself to 'extensions' for those who are able, and stays from Thursday to Monday are not uncommon.

Thanks, I know we are interested in going. What does it cost? if there is any cost. May you all have a wonderful blessed day

Thanks, I know we are interested in going. What does it cost? if there is any cost. May you all have a wonderful blessed day
There will be a cost but they won't know it until closer to the time when they confirm accommodation etc. They will send out an email closer to the event with more details, including price, when everything is organised.

There will be a cost but they won't know it until closer to the time when they confirm accommodation etc. They will send out an email closer to the event with more details, including price, when everything is organised.

FollowingHim2 you mentioned email, do I need to get on an email list?

Nailing down the details sooner rather than later will help me. Still not certain that I can swing it but it’s a better chance if the details are set soon...

Me too but it's looking a little sketchy. I was out of work for a while and lost all my vacation time with the new job so it is looking like an Austinless retreat.
Praying for a special dispensation for you.

Back