• Biblical Families is not a dating website. It is a forum to discuss issues relating to marriage and the Bible, and to offer guidance and support, not to find a wife. Click here for more information.

New to this Lifestyle, any advice?

B1070

Female
Hi y'all. My name is Becca and I'm a 22 year old from the Midwest.

I'm currently exploring the idea of polygamy since I have no background of it whatsoever. I feel more and more called to this lifestyle constantly but I'm having trouble with finding the right fit. I talk to some families and some seem to be hiding they are looking for a plural relationship from their wife, or the communication just ends. I have found some good friends out of this search though and I am grateful for them! :)

I guess this post was just to introduce myself and if anyone has any tips as coming in as a second wife, any Biblically sound resources (books, scripture, podcasts, sermons etc.) Also I would love to make new friends and gain wisdom from families who have been down this path, or anyone going through a path similar to mine!

God Bless!

Hi Becca!

I'm actually a third wife, but it's new enough that I don't really have any tips other than "your Husband-to-be has been down this road before so have some trust in his judgement." Of course, in my case there's a 20 year age gap between myself and my Husband so I guess trusting him is almost second nature.

Anyway, as to books, I've gotten a lot out of basically anything Shanelle Shalom ever wrote. They're unfortunately overpriced (14 Euros is ridiculous for a 34 page booklet) and they're tinged with a spritz of bitterness at anyone white (she's part of the "New Hebrews" community, if you're familiar with them), but if you have the money to spare and can roll your eyes and move past the grumbling passages, they're worthwhile.

Back