• Biblical Families is not a dating website. It is a forum to discuss issues relating to marriage and the Bible, and to offer guidance and support, not to find a wife. Click here for more information.

Poly Practised Elsewhere

Interesting historical read. It's only tangentially related to poly but it a good look at how the church and state handled the shakeup after the revolution as they decided how to handle breakups and remarriage. You can see the tension over who will regulate marriage between customary, church and state. Also the results when nuns and monks who were not personally well suited to marriage take their newfound liberty and marry (often hastily).

Last edited:
Well, I was going to predict, @rockfox, that you wouldn't like this one, given that these Nairobian women gained the right to help choose their sister wives!

LOL! I found the judges reasoning interesting as he took practical approach to equality while still honoring their historical cultural embrace of polygyny. It's not Biblical nor patriarchy, but it is a reasonable compromise between equality and polygyny. In other words, it's kind of a refreshing compared to the "Polygamy is WRONG because it leads to evil inequality!!!!!!!" logic of the usual simpleton detractors.

Well, I was going to predict, @rockfox, that you wouldn't like this one, given that these Nairobian women gained the right to help choose their sister wives!

LOL! I found the judges reasoning interesting as he took practical approach to equality while still honoring their historical cultural embrace of polygyny. It's not Biblical nor patriarchy, but it is a reasonable compromise between equality and polygyny. In other words, it's kind of a refreshing compared to the "Polygamy is WRONG because it leads to evil inequality!!!!!!!" logic of the usual simpleton detractors.

Back