• Biblical Families is not a dating website. It is a forum to discuss issues relating to marriage and the Bible, and to offer guidance and support, not to find a wife. Click here for more information.

True or false: single women are either arrogant and prideful or needy with baggage

Do you mean that pastor has secret wife (you)?

Was your official title secretary? Cliche.
No he did not have a secret wife and I more worked for his wife than him. I helped with cleaning house food prep and cooking along with other tasks to help her. Official title would be hand maiden or more socially acceptable “maid”.

Because I have spoken with a number of women who have tried to justify their leaving of their ex because “he cheated”, and now she’s looking for plural. That one really leaves me scratching my head.
Yeah, that is a mind-blower. If she is interested in Polygyny now, she should seek to get her husband back, if she hasn't slept with anyone.
Deuteronomy 24:4 Her former husband, which sent her away, may not take her again to be his wife, after that she is defiled; for that is abomination before the LORD: and thou shalt not cause the land to sin, which the LORD thy God giveth thee for an inheritance.

Likewise no man in his right mind should want to marry a woman who is going to drag him down and hinder progress in the mission God has given him. So work on being valuable to the kind of man you hope will take you as a wife.
Most women get focused on what they think YaHWeH wants them to do and then they expect a potential husband to give up his vision for her. Well, I believe this and you need to believe what I believe. When in all reality they need to submit to the vision that YaHWeH has given HIM.
We agree on Most doctrine and we’re on the same calendar so it’s not that kind of issue.
The sad thing is that a lot of women expect a man to believe the same way she does when in all reality they need to submit to his belief. For instance, in my house, we calculate Passover from the first new moon after the spring equinox. And some women go by the barley or the Zadok and refuse or pass up a man because, he doesn't believe the way she does. They don't want a man to rule over them, which violates...
Genesis 3:16 Unto the woman he said, I will greatly multiply thy sorrow and thy conception; in sorrow thou shalt bring forth children; and thy desire shall be to thy husband, and he shall rule over thee.
And they just can't accept the fact that a husband has this much power.
Numbers 30:6-8 And if she had at all an husband, when she vowed, or uttered ought out of her lips, wherewith she bound her soul; (7) And her husband heard it, and held his peace at her in the day that he heard it: then her vows shall stand, and her bonds wherewith she bound her soul shall stand. (8) But if her husband disallowed her on the day that he heard it; then he shall make her vow which she vowed, and that which she uttered with her lips, wherewith she bound her soul, of none effect: and the LORD shall forgive her.

That happens when we disagree on an understanding of scripture? For example the calendar or sabbath timing, how do you approach resolution of things like that?
She can disagree all she wants, the fact of the matter is, she is to obey her head, her husband.
1 Peter 3:1 Likewise, ye wives, be in subjection to your own husbands; that, if any obey not the word, they also may without the word be won by the conversation of the wives;

That would be like me saying to YaHWeH, I don't approve of the calendar that you set forth and I want to use the roman calendar or I understand what You say about clean and unclean animals but escargot is so tasty.
1 John 2:3-4 And hereby we do know that we know him, if we keep his commandments. (4) He that saith, I know him, and keepeth not his commandments, is a liar, and the truth is not in him.

There is so much talk about how toxic it is for a woman to be raising a boy by herself but yet i don’t see any of those same men jumping at the opportunity to be a “big brother” or “uncle” or even a “minister” to these young boys of the single mother. Recognizing a problem but doing nothing to fix it.
I will say this hit a raw nerve in a good way for me because I share a lot of videos and such about how bad it is for a woman to raise children without a man in their life. And yet I am doing nothing to help these women. Thank you for pointing that out.
James 4:17 Therefore to him that knoweth to do good, and doeth it not, to him it is sin.

Needs to be extremely committed and willing to submit to her new husband and the new husband will clearly understand that he's not just taking her on, he's taking on a new child that he is going to take care of as if this child is his own, and she has to acknowledge that he is being selfless in this act. He is bearing a burden that was not his to bear, out of love, kindness and in some ways self
Some, not all expect the husband to raise their child and yet he is not allowed to discipline that child if they are in need of correction.

Proverbs 13:24 He that spareth his rod hateth his son: but he that loveth him chasteneth him betimes.
Proverbs 22:15 Foolishness is bound in the heart of a child; but the rod of correction shall drive it far from him.
Proverbs 23:13 Withhold not correction from the child: for if thou beatest him with the rod, he shall not die.

She can disagree all she wants, the fact of the matter is, she is to obey her head, her husband.
1 Peter 3:1 Likewise, ye wives, be in subjection to your own husbands; that, if any obey not the word, they also may without the word be won by the conversation of the wives;

That would be like me saying to YaHWeH, I don't approve of the calendar that you set forth and I want to use the roman calendar or I understand what You say about clean and unclean animals but escargot is so tasty.
1 John 2:3-4 And hereby we do know that we know him, if we keep his commandments. (4) He that saith, I know him, and keepeth not his commandments, is a liar, and the truth is not in him.
This is precisely what I was getting at.

No he did not have a secret wife and I more worked for his wife than him. I helped with cleaning house food prep and cooking along with other tasks to help her. Official title would be hand maiden or more socially acceptable “maid”.
I sense you were not really attracted to him.

I wrote a post that simply stated “Multiple Wives, yes or no?”, attending to start a conversation about it. At that time I had quite a bit of followers and I think there were almost 1000 comments.
Every now and then I lament being an intentional cultural luddite.

I really enjoy conversations and exchange of ideas and bouncing new information back and forth to come to new conclusions. Presumably places like facebook would be ideal for this sort of thing.
That and as a prepper food preservation nerd, I know there are groups galore for thst type of geek to congregate and share ideas or long lost deep lore style knowledge etc...probably one of the only other environments where you could get some plyg life conversations going besides this dedicated forum. Was told that reddit had lots of conversations...uhm. no. No it doesn't have what I would consider a lot or useful.
Besides facebook, where can one find long form engagement on topics with a large number of people on a goodly number of topics?

Back