• Biblical Families is not a dating website. It is a forum to discuss issues relating to marriage and the Bible, and to offer guidance and support, not to find a wife. Click here for more information.

Dating / matchmaking websites

Almost every person we have encountered in the last couple of months wanted a polyamory or open relationship. There was an experiment where a female profile was created by a friend of mine, it was flooded within the first hour with over 100 messages from couples seeking a sexual based polyamory relationship rather than polygamy. The ratio of true Polygamy/polygyny seekers is drowned out by the Chaotic polyamory crowd and scares off true honest women interested in a biblical family.
Actually, what us want is one-sided forever lasting opn relationship. One side means that only one partner can be non-monogamous.

Actually, what us want is one-sided forever lasting opn relationship. One side means that only one partner can be non-monogamous.
No, because an "open" relatinship means that the person can sleep with anybody. That's not what we're looking for at all. The husband is not free to sleep with anybody. He is free to make additional serious marriages, and then sleep with that very very short list of committed women. That is not an open relationship in any sense.

Since you are a fan of memes...

xurjtkaticixn6cstpvx.jpg

No, because an "open" relatinship means that the person can sleep with anybody. That's not what we're looking for at all. The husband is not free to sleep with anybody. He is free to make additional serious marriages, and then sleep with that very very short list of committed women. That is not an open relationship in any sense.
It may just be a communication issue.
I think that what he may have meant is that the husband is open to more wives, but the wife is, of course, closed to more husbands.

It may just be a communication issue.
I think that what he may have meant is that the husband is open to more wives, but the wife is, of course, closed to more husbands.
Polygynous marriage is subset of one-side open relationship. In both only husband is allowed having more partners. Differences are with which women husband is allowed to sleep.

In "classic" open relationship husband can sleep with any woman. If you reduce any woman to any free woman owned forever you get marriage. Therefore polygyouns marriage is subset of open relationship.

Polygynous marriage is subset of one-side open relationship. In both only husband is allowed having more partners. Differences are with which women husband is allowed to sleep.

In "classic" open relationship husband can sleep with any woman. If you reduce any woman to any free woman owned forever you get marriage. Therefore polygyouns marriage is subset of open relationship.
Only if "marriage" is a subset of "promuscuity".
This is not what the words mean @MemeFan.

So is it the general consensus that that these are a waste of time overrun with people into all sorts of non biblical activity.

So is it the general consensus that that these are a waste of time overrun with people into all sorts of non biblical activity.
I would say its a waste of resources paying for the subscription fee unless you are fine with casting the line and waiting. I think you can have a free account, but you are limited to messaging and or viewing peoples account details/pictures. However, search parameters may differ dramatically. I was searching for someone close to my age (23-35) because I want to have more children and increase our family. If You're searching for someone over the age of 35 and don't mind them having children already, you may have better luck. I have found the 20-35 age group for single women are interested mostly in open or polyamorous relationships. There seems to be a lot of women in their 40s mid 50s that want an honest plural marriage.

There seems to be a lot of women in their 40s mid 50s that want an honest plural marriage.

My impression is that they have regrets or have made mistakes early in life and by the time they get to their 40s and 50s they are older and wiser and know what they really should have been looking for all along. :)

My impression is that they have regrets or have made mistakes early in life and by the time they get to their 40s and 50s they are older and wiser and know what they really should have been looking for all along. :)

Which is a nice way of saying they spent their 20's and 30's doubling down on a fornication strategy that ultimately failed and now they're desperate but not repentant.

Which is a nice way of saying they spent their 20's and 30's doubling down on a fornication strategy that ultimately failed and now they're desperate but not repentant.
They hit the wall. And they didn't want a real husband until they reached a point where its damn near impossible to secure one. Once all the attention ran out playing the singles game, now they want to be rescued.

And this is no knock on women who don't fall in their category yet struggle to find a good husband. This is specifically the ones who waited and played around and f**ked around and found out that the options on the back end aren't quite as plenteous. If they are truly repentant, i do hope they find a covering though.

They hit the wall. And they didn't want a real husband until they reached a point where its damn near impossible to secure one. Once all the attention ran out playing the singles game, now they want to be rescued.

And this is no knock on women who don't fall in their category yet struggle to find a good husband. This is specifically the ones who waited and played around and f**ked around and found out that the options on the back end aren't quite as plenteous. If they are truly repentant, i do hope they find a covering though.
There are a high number of profiles with the beginning bios either stating the below word for word or are pretty close to it:
(Age groups 40-55)
"I'm finally ready to settle down, career women want kids" or "Recently divorced from a husband who didn't understand me or would not accept my need for freedom, but I'm very family orientated."

My take on the dating websites is they're for losers.
Men, be so impressive that women will line up to ask permission to follow you.
Women, get your heads right and seek a Godly man to lead you.

I made a brief profile on one of those poly dating sites just to see what kind of women were signed up. I saw 2 profiles that I would accept a first date with. And they were probably scammers.

Your time is better spent hitting a heavy bag, pushing some iron, doing some sprints, running shooting drills, and practicing some hand to hand combat. I'm not pointing any fingers, but there are a LOT of men complaining about not being able to find a second. And those guys look like a lazy @$$ potato that got hit with an ugly stick. Up your game brothers, push to be a harder, stronger, more financially stable, masculine man. If you build it they will come.

I'm not sayin ya gotta be pretty to get a woman. Heck even @The Revolting Man, @PeteR, and I tricked women into marrying us. But if you're interested in finding another, you must stay focused!

“If the women don't find you handsome, they should at least find you handy.” ― Red Green​

Women, get your heads right and seek a Godly man to lead you...
...Up your game brothers, push to be a harder, stronger, more financially stable, masculine man. If you build it they will come.
Mostly agree, BUT...

(and this is my only rationale for paying any attention to those websites anyway)

If you HAVE "upped your game," and particularly in the sense that I suggest is vital - 'come out of her,' and are away from the leftist population center cesspools, off-grid, and have "built it"...
...most won't ever know you're there. Even some from 'relatively' nearby. (That's a two-hour drive here. ;) )

Yes, it's entirely possible He'll bring a Perfect Candidate out to the boondocks, and she'll get stuck now that it's mud season, and what follows will be right out of a Hallmark...er, ugh, OK...Pete Rambo video. And some of us won't be in local sun-good-day services anyway. (Besides, I contend the Perfect Candidate will have at LEAST figured that part out by now.)

So - I will still suggest that the thread content I'm interest in is "insightful alternatives."

BTW - while I have taken grief here for being 'so isolated' - there is at least one big advantage relative on 'those websites.' While finding a candidate to meet personally is a "high hurdle," and thus relatively rare event, it does certainly screen out the vast majority of scammers. (One was once even willing to fly halfway 'round the world, from Down Under. But - another story, and she started as an on-line listener anyway.)

Last edited:
There are a high number of profiles with the beginning bios either stating the below word for word or are pretty close to it:
(Age groups 40-55)
"I'm finally ready to settle down, career women want kids" or "Recently divorced from a husband who didn't understand me or would not accept my need for freedom, but I'm very family orientated."
Tf? "My need for freedom, but I'm very family oriented." Nah, she independent-- she a modern woman. But she want a man to put up with that sh*t and still give her the family fulfillment her soul requires. She didn't want to be under authority. She want the single life with the security of a husband waiting at home.

And what kinda tomfoolery is a woman after 40 saying she's ready to settle down & have kids? She skipped that part of her life already. These celebrity h0e$ and feminist marketing are convincing them that this is possible, even preferable to love & family in the prime of her youth. Foolishness.

THE WALL IS UNDEFEATED.

Women, get your heads right and seek a Godly man to lead you.

I made a brief profile on one of those poly dating sites just to see what kind of women were signed up. I saw 2 profiles that I would accept a first date with. And they were probably scammers.

Your time is better spent hitting a heavy bag, pushing some iron, doing some sprints, running shooting drills, and practicing some hand to hand combat. I'm not pointing any fingers, but there are a LOT of men complaining about not being able to find a second. And those guys look like a lazy @$$ potato that got hit with an ugly stick. Up your game brothers, push to be a harder, stronger, more financially stable, masculine man. If you build it they will come.

I'm not sayin ya gotta be pretty to get a woman. Heck even @The Revolting Man, @PeteR, and I tricked women into marrying us. But if you're interested in finding another, you must stay focused!

“If the women don't find you handsome, they should at least find you handy.” ― Red Green​

I have made a similar remark about being impressive, but I think the impressive things about a man, ought to be more spiritual than material. Be the man who quotes Scripture like he knows the entire Bible. This of course only applies to men who remain in a fellowship of other believers. Be the man who is willing to volunteer to work in various areas of ministry or do street preaching and go on foreign mission trips. I don't think we could really organize a good trip here for all BF members, but a subset of us could organize a one week trip in some part of the world that needs to hear the message of the Gospel. Invite non-poly minded families to join in this endeavor, so that the unmarried women who come along can see your spiritual fervor. I have mentioned E3 Partners as the para chruch ministry that I went on my trips with. Of course we cannot partner with them, as they insist on us believing in One Man, One Woman, but we might be able to copy their model and use it.

I have made a similar remark about being impressive, but I think the impressive things about a man, ought to be more spiritual than material
I think that’s important, but let’s be pragmatic here. Women are more attracted to a masculine, fit man than one who looks weak. No matter how much scripture he knows.

Which is why men were the arbiters with other men, not letting women do their own picking.

If she chose to join the man, she can choose to leave.

Back