• Biblical Families is not a dating website. It is a forum to discuss issues relating to marriage and the Bible, and to offer guidance and support, not to find a wife. Click here for more information.

Support Having trouble meeting ladies...

And, in the end, you'll eventually just have to let go of believing that it was your fault. Doing so can make us feel powerful, as if everything is about us, but it's way too paralyzing. Eventually, it becomes time to recognize that it never was about you; the problem is on the other end. You were willing to process things, and they weren't, so that's all on them.

It is getting better everyday, I think once August passes, officially, it will be much better. Just look to the future and it is already to look better.

That's what we had to do several years ago with a lady who was interested at first but then decided she wanted an open relationship. We had to let it go and realize it was her problem and not ours. Even though it hurt, it is better that we found that out early on.

That's what we had to do several years ago with a lady who was interested at first but then decided she wanted an open relationship. We had to let it go and realize it was her problem and not ours. Even though it hurt, it is better that we found that out early on.
What does "open relationship" mean in this context?

What does "open relationship" mean in this context?
Possibly that the gal wanted to be “active” with whoever else she felt like being active with.

The husband gets to have more than one of the opposite sex, it’s only fair for her to not be tied to just one.

Hi, I'm new here and am excited to find a community that believes in biblical polygamy. My husband and I have been exploring this for a few years and have decided this is what God wants for our family. Aside from finding a few women who were willing to sleep with him, we have had zero luck finding anyone interested in biblical polygamy, or even willing to explore it if they had never heard of it. Does anyone have advice on where we go from here??
I’m on a few dating sites & it’s difficult & exhausting. Most of the men I’ve come across are looking for some crazy stuff, not biblical polygyny. I’m staying on the sites because I’m hoping the right family will show up when the time is right. I’m not sure what the sites will look like from the other side but I suggest giving them a try, couldn’t hurt. Just be ready for some crazy stuff.

Open marriage is a relationship wherein the husband and wife agree to be each other's primary partners, but each of them is permitted to have sex with anyone else they choose, and each one of those lovers is also permitted to have sex with whomever they choose, ad nauseum. The term is as opposed to a closed relationship in which the number of participants is defined; depending on the model, either everyone has to be on board before another person is brought into the relationship, or, as is the case with biblical patriarchal polygyny, only one person has that authority -- in most cases this is the husband, but I knew some closed triads and quads in Atlanta back in the 1980s and 1990s for whom the authority figure was one of the women.

These are all forms of polyamory, @Philip. The term 'polyamory' has in recent times been hijacked by the swingers crowd, and on some dating sites the swingers are positively Bullies Central, speaking as if anyone who shows any discretion about how many lovers get brought into the mix is some kind of barbaric cretin.

I'm noticing on sisterwives.com that only a minority of the participants appear to be following the polygyny model. When reading profiles, it becomes clear that most couples and a rather high percentage of the single females are there for grins and giggles, which makes it a place dominated by those trawling for short-term threesomes. I also suspect based on how many profiles I've looked at so far that those who identify themselves as 'Spiritual' outnumber those who identify themselves as 'Christians' or any of the individualized Christian denominations. @Amanda's observations are spot on; I think it's possible to find someone there; obviously that's the case, given that we know people here who found each other on sisterwives, but one has to have the patience of Job to stick with the process. (I'm still documenting my experiences there and at Zoosk on the Intro III thread.)

Isn't it crazy that sleeping around with sometimes hundreds of women is socially acceptable but marrying those women and taking care of them isn't?
It's not crazy if part of the hidden agenda is to cause the entire society to collapse.

Possibly that the gal wanted to be “active” with whoever else she felt like being active with.

The husband gets to have more than one of the opposite sex, it’s only fair for her to not be tied to just one.

Yes. She wanted to have multiple male partners. She had come from a polyamory background in her marriage before divorcing and changing her life. Later on I found out she wasn't interested in polygyny anymore.

Open marriage is a relationship wherein the husband and wife agree to be each other's primary partners, but each of them is permitted to have sex with anyone else they choose, and each one of those lovers is also permitted to have sex with whomever they choose, ad nauseum. The term is as opposed to a closed relationship in which the number of participants is defined; depending on the model, either everyone has to be on board before another person is brought into the relationship, or, as is the case with biblical patriarchal polygyny, only one person has that authority -- in most cases this is the husband, but I knew some closed triads and quads in Atlanta back in the 1980s and 1990s for whom the authority figure was one of the women.

These are all forms of polyamory, @Philip. The term 'polyamory' has in recent times been hijacked by the swingers crowd, and on some dating sites the swingers are positively Bullies Central, speaking as if anyone who shows any discretion about how many lovers get brought into the mix is some kind of barbaric cretin.

I'm noticing on sisterwives.com that only a minority of the participants appear to be following the polygyny model. When reading profiles, it becomes clear that most couples and a rather high percentage of the single females are there for grins and giggles, which makes it a place dominated by those trawling for short-term threesomes. I also suspect based on how many profiles I've looked at so far that those who identify themselves as 'Spiritual' outnumber those who identify themselves as 'Christians' or any of the individualized Christian denominations. @Amanda's observations are spot on; I think it's possible to find someone there; obviously that's the case, given that we know people here who found each other on sisterwives, but one has to have the patience of Job to stick with the process. (I'm still documenting my experiences there and at Zoosk on the Intro III thread.)

I can 100% verify on the BROAD kinds of people, couples, singles, etc on Sisterwives. Not enough people who want actual polygyny on there and not "We're a dom couple and we want a sub woman in our lives". YEP, was told that 100%.

"We're a dom couple and we want a sub woman in our lives"

I will at least give those people credit for being honest that this is what they want. A plural I know well joined a Christian couple and her experience was bad. The couple ended up kicked out of our church.

They were most certainly a dom couple and they wanted a submissive.

Last edited:
O
I will at least give those people credit for being honest that this is what they want. A plural I know well joined a Christian couple and her experience was bad. The couple ended up kicked out of our church.

They were most certainly a dom couple and they wanted a submissive.

Oh, extremely sub in the bedroom if you get my drift. With them both.

Oh, extremely sub in the bedroom if you get my drift. With them both.
I have long stated that the enemy will draw inappropriate people to polygyny in order to give it a bad reputation, but wow, this is a bit beyond what I had imagined.

But not surprising after you see it.

I have long stated that the enemy will draw inappropriate people to polygyny in order to give it a bad reputation, but wow, this is a bit beyond what I had imagined.

But not surprising after you see it.
Absolutely. I hate to be a prude but there are lines I don’t cross so… yeah, swingers give polygyny a bad name.

I'm noticing on sisterwives.com that only a minority of the participants appear to be following the polygyny model. When reading profiles, it becomes clear that most couples and a rather high percentage of the single females are there for grins and giggles, which makes it a place dominated by those trawling for short-term threesomes. I also suspect based on how many profiles I've looked at so far that those who identify themselves as 'Spiritual' outnumber those who identify themselves as 'Christians' or any of the individualized Christian denominations.

Despite their name, they seem to have embraced the whole polyamory thing. It's a money making enterprise. Hookups and the churn of polyamory relationships generates far more business and appeals to a vastly larger audience.

Despite their name, they seem to have embraced the whole polyamory thing. It's a money making enterprise. Hookups and the churn of polyamory relationships generates far more business and appeals to a vastly larger audience.
So true.

It’s all a part of what the enemy does in order to dilute and downgrade polygyny.

Back