• Biblical Families is not a dating website. It is a forum to discuss issues relating to marriage and the Bible, and to offer guidance and support, not to find a wife. Click here for more information.

Support Just here to learn about men

A non-rebelious wife is much appreciated.

What makes a perfect wife in polygamy
That's not the best question. A better question is: What makes a perfect wife?

The form of marriage is irrelevant. Walking righteously within the God mandated roles within marriage, whether mono or poly, is what matters.

There is no 'perfect husband' and there is no 'perfect wife.' However, each should be earnestly striving to walk as God desires us to walk within the boundaries that He called and created us.. That leads to a righteous reflection of Messiah and the Congregation as Paul tells us in Ephesians 5:22-31.

A yet better question is: What makes a perfect Christian? For as the husband is a type of Christ so too does the wife model His followers in relation to he/Him.

Might I suggest
A strong woman that knows who she is
Someone that is honest with themselves first
She has her own hopes dreams and aspirations (not a puppet)
Is willing to be flexible to work with others
Loves god and family first

We should have a contest to see who can write the most glowing reviews of their wives. Men who have more than one wife can enter more than one time. :)

I come from a fundamentalist Christian upbringing. Were taught a great deal from a young age the makings of the perfect wife. I suppose in your faith than your saying less focus is put on this picture of the ideal wife?

Honestly Joy, when someone's first post on the forum is simply a question with seven words in it, I think people just don't put the time into giving long answers because they don't know if you'll ever be back to read them! I'll answer more clearly.
I come from a fundamentalist Christian upbringing. Were taught a great deal from a young age the makings of the perfect wife. I suppose in your faith than your saying less focus is put on this picture of the ideal wife?
"Our faith" is Christianity. That is all. We come from all sorts of different denominational backgrounds, we are not a single unified denomination or "cult" or anything like that. We're just a bunch of Christians from all parts of the wider Church, who happen to have seen that God does not condemn polygamy - but retain differing views on everything else! As you have a Christian upbringing, the picture of "the perfect wife" that you have been raised with is probably quite similar to the views of most of us (I'm guessing here because you haven't explained what you have been taught, there could be some peculiarities in that if you've had an unusually restrictive upbringing, but the basic ideas of Godliness, submissiveness, modesty, hard working, loving etc will be similar).

But everybody is different. There is not a single "perfect wife" mould that we'd like every woman to be twisted to conform to. Women are not objects, they are people. Everybody is different, and God made those differences because He wanted them. A husband's role is to help his wife to become the woman that God would have her be - and that is different for every woman. But it will always involve the encouragement of certain basic characteristics.

Specifically for polygamous marriage, characteristics of Godliness, faith, submissiveness, generosity, love etc will be even more important than in monogamy to achieve a successful marriage, and jealousy will be destructive.

Neither me nor my two wives come from Christian backgrounds but God saved each of us before marriage. We have learnt the truth from God's word and sought to do it; to live as set out in His word. A perfect wife for marriage, whether that be monogamous or polygamous, will be one who hears the word of God and is a doer of the word.

Back