• Biblical Families is not a dating website. It is a forum to discuss issues relating to marriage and the Bible, and to offer guidance and support, not to find a wife. Click here for more information.

Random Comments

I don't see any benefit in marriage if it's meant to be like that (he's not a Christian, but many Christian men have this materialistic and empty view of marriage).

Screenshot_20240215_211119_Chrome~2.jpg

I don't see any benefit in marriage if it's meant to be like that (he's not a Christian, but many Christian men have this materialistic and empty view of marriage).

View attachment 6350
How about children, family, someone who loves you and is there for you? You don’t need to have all your interests be shared interests in order to love and be loved. My wife and I have very few shared interests, but we love being married to each other. Shared interests are not the glue that you want holding your marriage together, because Interests can change over time. If that was your glue, well now it’s gone. The factors that really make marriage work are commitment and godly love for one another. I know that to someone who isn’t married that might sound sad, but you have no idea how good it can be, trust me!

View attachment 6350
If a man is claiming to be a Christian while having a materialistic and empty view of marriage, he is not exactly exhibiting the kind of qualities a Christian woman would be looking for. Such a marriage would likely bring only disappointment and sorrow, so yes, there would be no benefit. But God created the man and woman, and made the marriage relationship to fulfil the needs each has. The joy and blessing in marriage comes from knowing what you are supposed to be doing and then doing it wholeheartedly united with your spouse.

View attachment 6350
I don't think he has materialistic view.

It just different. Have you noticed that each sex has different definitions of romance and loyalty?

He is right in one thing. Wife isn't man's friend, nor should be treated as one.

I don't believe everyone in younger generations are lazy, but I do think many have unrealistic expectations. A great number had been conditioned to believe that as long as they went to college they deserve a white collar job, but that is not the case.

Yes there are a lot of malicious out of our control factors happening with the economy. The man in the article you posted is not a good example of someone persevering and doing all they can and still having to live in their car. Which I know there's people out there in that circumstance to.

It's easy to get into a rant with an article that features someone playing the victim because they want to work gigs and travel the country, but blame the federal reserve because they live in their car.

How old do you think I am? I’m not a boomer, I’m a millennial. In my profession we can’t find young people who are willing to get into the trade. The few who try it out, quit because “it’s too hard”. Which is funny, because advancements in technology have made it far easier today than it was when I started. We are always looking for help, but finding young people who want to work is like hunting unicorns. There are help wanted signs all over around here and no takers apparently. Yes inflation makes things more difficult, but it’s not harder to survive today than it has been at various times in this country’s history... so suck it up, buttercup.
Mentality is way of thinking. Mindset is another word. You can have 10 years and think as old man.

Point is that system is problem and you both keep pointing "something is wrong with him".

Dying societies are characterized with dying social mobility. Loss of hope and desperation follows.

Christian media is often great, but sometimes really frustrating. Take this paranoia from "Not the Bee":
They're so upset that someone pointed out the scientific fact that cousin marriage isn't that risky, and the historical fact that it's been normal in many cultures. Well, maybe that's why it's never prohibited in scripture, and isn't prohibited legally either (at least where I live, your jurisdiction may vary). Christians have such a ridiculous habit of taking whatever their culture thinks is "icky" and assuming it's sin, and then attacking anyone who points out it might not be that bad. Have these guys never read their own bibles, which prohibit marriage CLOSER than cousins as incest, and clearly define acceptable non-incenstuous marriage as COUSINS or more distantly related?

If you pay taxes on your property....you can never own it.
The financial bondage is what the Bible calls "Going even to Babylon."
Our deliverance is prophesied too.

Watch the full length version of The Money Masters for a better understanding of how fractional reserve banking has been destroying us. YHWH said no usury was acceptable between believers. This is why.
Strange how income taxes were missed.

Their percentage is your slavery percentage.

Christian media is often great, but sometimes really frustrating. Take this paranoia from "Not the Bee":
They're so upset that someone pointed out the scientific fact that cousin marriage isn't that risky, and the historical fact that it's been normal in many cultures. Well, maybe that's why it's never prohibited in scripture, and isn't prohibited legally either (at least where I live, your jurisdiction may vary). Christians have such a ridiculous habit of taking whatever their culture thinks is "icky" and assuming it's sin, and then attacking anyone who points out it might not be that bad. Have these guys never read their own bibles, which prohibit marriage CLOSER than cousins as incest, and clearly define acceptable non-incenstuous marriage as COUSINS or more distantly related?
If you are related though the fathers line then it is prohibited.

I don't think he has materialistic view.

It just different. Have you noticed that each sex has different definitions of romance and loyalty?

He is right in one thing. Wife isn't man's friend, nor should be treated as one.
Wife isnt mans friend? That would really suck. Mine is.

The various rules refer to uncovering the father's skirt. That leads me to think that the rules apply to the fathers lineage. Cousins on the mothers side is not spoken to.

The various rules refer to uncovering the father's skirt. That leads me to think that the rules apply to the fathers lineage. Cousins on the mothers side is not spoken to.
I still don't know what law you are referring to. Can you refer to this scripture which prohibits cousin marriage?

Wife isnt mans friend? That would really suck. Mine is.
Off course she isn't your friend nor you should treat like friend.

What partners do which friends don't? Have sex. All friendship is based on suppresing sexuality. Is this a best way to treat wife.

Every lady, married or not, has never need for boinking. Ridicilous way to treat a wife.

What you are implying is need for closeness, support, having good time together which both friends and partners can provide.

Last edited:
Off course she isn't your friend nor yiu should treat like friend.

What partners do which friends don't? Have sex. All friendship is based on suppresing sexuality. Is this a best way to treat wife.

Every lady, married or not, has never need for boinking. Ridicilous way to treat a wife.

What you are implying is need for closeness, support, having good time together which both friends and partners can provide.
Wow. Is this lost in translation or what!

To say that your wife is not your friend means to imply we dont have the same definition of "friend". I cant imagine her NOT being my friend.

Back