• Biblical Families is not a dating website. It is a forum to discuss issues relating to marriage and the Bible, and to offer guidance and support, not to find a wife. Click here for more information.

Support Should I get another wife?

I am just now seeing this, and have read some of the comments just not all of them yet, so here are some of my $0.02

/|\ Sound advice /|\

Yes, be a wise man and build YOUR house upon the ROCK Yahshua (Jesus) that way you are NOT the foolish man and watch it all fall.

Matthew 7:24-27 Therefore whosoever heareth these sayings of mine, and doeth them, I will liken him unto a wise man, which built his house upon a rock:
25 And the rain descended, and the floods came, and the winds blew, and beat upon that house; and it fell not: for it was founded upon a rock.
26 And every one that heareth these sayings of mine, and doeth them not, shall be likened unto a foolish man, which built his house upon the sand:
27 And the rain descended, and the floods came, and the winds blew, and beat upon that house; and it fell: and great was the fall of it.

Yes, reread the above verse again.

Yes, if it YaHWeH's ( the LORD's) will let HIM be the match maker.

Yes,
Matthew 6:33-34 But seek ye first the kingdom of God, and his righteousness;...

Yes, be the example to your wife that Yahshua was/is to us, and let the other woman SEE it not just hear it.

I agree and disagree. If you have a strong marriage then yes, if you don't have a strong marriage then I would wait.
I appreciate all these comments. And I'm following the advice to give things time. I'm still not sure if I really want that, so I'm sticking with my primary goal of strengthening my current marriage. Like I said, it could be nice to have her as a second wife, but I'm not exactly looking for one. If she goes another way, I'll be happy as long as she's okay. As questions arise and things happen, I will continue to update this topic for anyone willing to help.

As questions arise and things happen, I will continue to update this topic for anyone willing to help.
One thing that we have gobs of is free advice.
Often contradictory.

Update and end of the case:
So I was thinking if it would be interesting to consider this woman as my second. In the end, I decided that despite our good friendship, I couldn't see her as a wife. I introduced her to a good friend of mine, they dated for a few weeks, but she broke up. She was not interested in participating in the Bible study with my wife and me.
More recently, due to some issues that are beside the point (it has nothing to do with her not becoming mine), it was decided that she would no longer live with us. It's been a week since she left home. We gave her a home for a year, I considered taking her as a wife, I found her a good suitor, I tried to bring her closer to God. It didn't work, and there's nothing more we can do to help her. Stubbornness is a very serious problem. I'm leaving this feedback for those who took the time to advise me, and I'm very grateful for that.

Update and end of the case:
So I was thinking if it would be interesting to consider this woman as my second. In the end, I decided that despite our good friendship, I couldn't see her as a wife. I introduced her to a good friend of mine, they dated for a few weeks, but she broke up. She was not interested in participating in the Bible study with my wife and me.
More recently, due to some issues that are beside the point (it has nothing to do with her not becoming mine), it was decided that she would no longer live with us. It's been a week since she left home. We gave her a home for a year, I considered taking her as a wife, I found her a good suitor, I tried to bring her closer to God. It didn't work, and there's nothing more we can do to help her. Stubbornness is a very serious problem. I'm leaving this feedback for those who took the time to advise me, and I'm very grateful for that.
Two things are certain: 1. you can lead a horse to water, but you can't make it drink. 2. The Word of God never returns void.

Paul sowed so that other men could reap. Who knows what will be the end result of your witness and ministry to her or to anyone? Only God knows the purpose of what He calls us to do.

Hi guys, I've been reading this forums for a few months, and I tought I could share my concern in here.
I've been in a relationship for 5+ years. We live together but we are not really married (altough I use to call her my wife). My mother-in-law lives with us.
We're both 28 years old, no children yet, and we're great partners.
We have, yet slowly, been learning about the Bible and trying to approach to God/YHWH.

For 9 months now, a distant relative of my wife came to live with us. I already knew her, and we all supported her into breaking up from an abusive homossexual relationship she was in for 5 years. She and my wife are very close, and I also became friends with her. We 3 share many things together, we go out, we have fun at home. We did this things even before her breakup.
We even joke they're my two wives, and we're sure there are some people who actually believes we're all engaged. My wife doesn't bother with the jokes or demonstrate jealousy, and the other girl doesn't seem to want to engage in a new relationship.

So, this plural families thing came to my mind. My question is, if you could help: should I think about engaging with the second woman? Should I propose this to them, and get serious about this and learn and try to apply it on our lives? I have to mention that honestly I'm not in love with the second one, and I never wanted to cheat on my wife.
Thank you in advance, and sorry for my bad English.
Maybe you should do research about it .

I appreciate all these comments. And I'm following the advice to give things time. I'm still not sure if I really want that, so I'm sticking with my primary goal of strengthening my current marriage. Like I said, it could be nice to have her as a second wife, but I'm not exactly looking for one. If she goes another way, I'll be happy as long as she's okay. As questions arise and things happen, I will continue to update this topic for anyone willing to help.
That's the key .all parties need to be in agreement.Im a second wife .it's not easy sharing sometimes but I wouldn't change it for the word

Back