• Biblical Families is not a dating website. It is a forum to discuss issues relating to marriage and the Bible, and to offer guidance and support, not to find a wife. Click here for more information.

Support Donors

Should a couple accept their barren status if they are unable to conceive? Is it wrong for a couple to use the seed of any man other than the husband to start their family?

Should a husband and wife not try to be fruitful and multiply even if it requires help?

The Bible doesn't say one way or another. There are many issues that the Bible doesn't talk about. If there is no clear command in the Bible either way, or no clear principle from Bible teaching, you are allowed to use the brain that God gave you and determine if it is the right thing to do or not based upon your best understanding of scripture.

It is God who opens wombs though. Even when it appears impossible to man. So I would not give up when it appears impossible. I personally would also try to use every medical means necessary to use the husband's seed.

I am going to try and be delicate and blunt at the same time. I feel sorry that you can't have children, remember YaHWeH is the one that opens and closes the womb. Biblically speaking, if your husband was dead and have no children, then his brother is to go in unto you to give his deceased brother seed.
Deuteronomy 25:5 If brethren dwell together, and one of them die, and have no child, the wife of the dead shall not marry without unto a stranger: her husband's brother shall go in unto her, and take her to him to wife, and perform the duty of an husband's brother unto her.

But since your husband is alive he must ask himself this question, would he be willing to allow another man to squirt his seed into his woman? I pray the answer would be no. Now I know some will say this is different, you are talking about AI, I understand, I get it but you are still allowing another man's seed to be placed into you, no matter how you look at it seed is being put into you, whether by a penis or a syringe. And the one thing that you definitely don't know about the man's seed is was it a homosexual who donated seed? Was it a satanist who donated seed? What is the individual's background and would you want his seed in you? If I am correct, and I believe I am, I have not read in the Scriptures that deals with a man who is sterile. We know the Scripture discusses the woman and how her womb is open or closed, but not a man.

Maybe YaHWeH has other plans for you both and He is testing your Faith in Him. Remember Abraham waited a LONG time for his son with Sarah. We will definitely be praying for you guys.

And the one thing that you definitely don't know about the man's seed is was it a homosexual who donated seed? Was it a satanist who donated seed? What is the individual's background and would you want his seed in you?
What if they took seed from a man they know and trust. For example, one of his relatives and used artificial insemination? Would that be more acceptable?

I do not know the answer to this question.

What if they took seed from a man they know and trust. For example, one of his relatives and used artificial insemination? Would that be more acceptable?

I do not know the answer to this question.
I would say no, because you are still allowing another man's seed to be placed in. The Bible tells us what to do if he is dead, but not alive and well.

This makes us think of the movie Facing The Giants
Grant was the one who couldn't get his wife pregnant in the movie.

There is a parallel here in the story of Abraham. Both of them were too old to have children, he 100 and she 90. They tried man's ways with Haggar but God willed that the two of them would have a son and it was so. God opens and closes the womb, if He wills the man to have a child then he will, and if God does not will it then why do we say otherwise?

I don't think medical adultery is the answer here. Trust in God, not doctors.

Trust in God, not doctors.
You can trust in God and still use modern medicine and all the latest medical advances.

Using technology and medicine to help conceive does not mean you're not trusting in God. God gave men brains, the ability to use those brains, and the ability to advance medicine. Where did they get their knowledge and intellect from? From God.

You can trust in God and still use modern medicine and all the latest medical advances.

Using technology and medicine to help conceive does not mean you're not trusting in God. God gave men brains, the ability to use those brains, and the ability to advance medicine. Where did they get their knowledge and intellect from? From God.
1684799796302.jpeg
Yeah, we trusted the dr.
It happened over 2 months ago. He put a pin in it and it’s messed up.
The infection reduces when I pray for it, and then comes back.

I won’t mention the leg that they claim will keep her in a wheelchair for the rest of her life even after they do multiple surgeries. She is walking on it anyway.
On a pain level of 1-10, when it hits 8 or 9 I pray over it and it reduces to .5 or 1. For a few hours.
Yah is healing it slowly, but faster than naturally.

A year ago, I would have had no problem with AI. Since then, I have been teaching the adult sunday school class on God's design of marriage. I pulled out as many of the mosaic laws I could find on the subject and analyzed what God was concerned about when He gave us His Law. (Inspired by William Luck's ecplanation on how to apply the Law today.) I came up with 3 interests God wanted to protect: Purity, Protection for Women, and Paternity. For this reason, I would say no where only a year ago, I would have been fine with it. I agree with the comments above, no one here can bind anything on your situation.

Screenshot_20230523-092121_OneDrive.jpg

My husband and I have a substantial age gap, we believe that his seed may have a more difficult time due to his advanced age. That being said, I made vows to him and to God, I feel its wrong to leave him because we cannot conceive.

We've looked into adoption but due to a violent offence he committed in his youth (nothing serious just a bar fight that got out of hand once) and my age being not even old enough to drink. Any adoption agency, no matter how stable our home is, isn't going to to take us seriously.

We pray together each night for God to open my womb and try not to let emotions or stress harm our fertility.

Some makers of prenatal vitamins sell supplements for men too. Lots of nutrients are needed for optimum health and fertility.

I know from my years in dairy goats that a copper deficiency can cause the production of sperm with no tails. We know nothing is too hard for YHWH. May He answer your prayers in His wisdom and timing.

Which is why I hear Christians praying that God would guide the hand of the doctor rather than just asking God to heal a person. They put more faith in doctors to heal than God. They trust Doctors to fiddle with the blueprints of life to prevent illness rather than God's own superior design for immunity from disease. They ingest pharmakeia instead of the God given herbs of the field for their healing. They seek medical treatments rather than repent of their glutony. Not all knowledge is from God.

All that aside, my bigger objection is the idea that using another mans seed to conceive is ok because we've replaced the sexual act with medical technology. The end is the same either way. You're just using an overpriced middleman to implant someone else's seed.

Which is why I hear Christians praying that God would guide the hand of the doctor rather than just asking God to heal a person. They put more faith in doctors to heal than God. They trust Doctors to fiddle with the blueprints of life to prevent illness rather than God's own superior design for immunity from disease. They ingest pharmakeia instead of the God given herbs of the field for their healing. They seek medical treatments rather than repent of their glutony. Not all knowledge is from God.

All that aside, my bigger objection is the idea that using another mans seed to conceive is ok because we've replaced the sexual act with medical technology. The end is the same either way. You're just using an overpriced middleman to implant someone else's seed.
Next time you need bypass or open heart surgery I wonder if you’ll have the same views.

Next time you need bypass or open heart surgery I wonder if you’ll have the same views.
We have already been there. The 95% blockage of an artery was cleared by Yah. But they still want to replace it because it was supposedly “weakened”. Dream on, you’ll have to make your Porsche payment another way.

7And as ye go, preach, saying, The kingdom of heaven is at hand. 8Heal the sick, cleanse the lepers, raise the dead, cast out devils: freely ye have received, freely give.”

We practice this in our family, sometimes He heals and sometimes He requires us to use doctors as tools.

My husband and I have a substantial age gap, we believe that his seed may have a more difficult time due to his advanced age. That being said, I made vows to him and to God, I feel its wrong to leave him because we cannot conceive.

We've looked into adoption but due to a violent offence he committed in his youth (nothing serious just a bar fight that got out of hand once) and my age being not even old enough to drink. Any adoption agency, no matter how stable our home is, isn't going to to take us seriously.

We pray together each night for God to open my womb and try not to let emotions or stress harm our fertility.
Go carnivore! Has he been tested to see if he has had a precipitous decline?

Back