• Biblical Families is not a dating website. It is a forum to discuss issues relating to marriage and the Bible, and to offer guidance and support, not to find a wife. Click here for more information.

Support Donors

This may sound easy for me to say, but none the less it is the truth. Adultery in any form is not the answer. Using herbal and medical remedies are reasonable methods to do all you can physically, but ultimately God is the one who opens and closes the womb. Do you want to try to force God’s hand? I can say with confidence that trying to make something happen that may not be God’s will, will bring painful outcomes. It’s possible the pain may not be felt by you or your husband even, it might be felt by your resulting children. My advice, and I believe it is biblically sound, is to use what natural/medical remedies seem reasonable to help you and your husband and then trust God to do His will in your lives.

I will be praying that God will give you and your husband children together, if it be His will. May our heavenly Father richly bless you both.
Perhaps this is God's way of voicing his displeasure with our marriage? I can't imagine what we did wrong, we waited, he asked permission and courted me, my father approved, we married in a church. My husband said that he knew from the moment he saw me that he wanted daughters with my eyes and temperament. I love him, I give thanks each day for the wisdom and leadership of my husband but God has closed my womb to the most deserving man. It doesn't make sense, what purpose is greater than an ordinary man and woman creating new life?

Perhaps this is God's way of voicing his displeasure with our marriage? I can't imagine what we did wrong, we waited, he asked permission and courted me, my father approved, we married in a church. My husband said that he knew from the moment he saw me that he wanted daughters with my eyes and temperament. I love him, I give thanks each day for the wisdom and leadership of my husband but God has closed my womb to the most deserving man. It doesn't make sense, what purpose is greater than an ordinary man and woman creating new life?
No!
1,000 times NO!

As has been mentioned, the standard American diet, sad, has affected many.
Also, the enemy of our souls attacks in many ways.

I know I just finished law school and should be used to trying to force a square statute into a round hole, but things are getting crazy here. Children are a wonderful gift, but adultery is not the answer.

Here is a pharmaceutical option: https://www.forhims.com/blog/clomid-for-men
I've been a bit blind, I've let my womb lead me when in my heart I know it would never make me truly happy. A child from the seed of another would only dishonor my husband and the child, always waiting for the other shoe to drop. Whether or not I lay with another man, whether I have my husband's approval, its still wrong, it will only end in heartbreak.

It seems unfair that my womb is open to the seed of other but not my own husband. I need to support him more, consult natural healers and coax the best seed from him through healthy lifestyle and avoiding the modern poisons. I suppose the solution is to be even more doting and patient if I want to help him honor God by bringing forth new life.❤️

Perhaps this is God's way of voicing his displeasure with our marriage?

No. But it might be a way that He is choosing to use to cause you to grow spiritually, or something that He is using specifically to show His glory.

Here is a passage from The Gospel of Luke that Illustrates the fact that bad things happening to people does not necessarily mean that they were being specifically punished by God. Luke 13:1-5 KJV
[1] There were present at that season some that told him of the Galilaeans, whose blood Pilate had mingled with their sacrifices. [2] And Jesus answering said unto them, Suppose ye that these Galilaeans were sinners above all the Galilaeans, because they suffered such things? [3] I tell you, Nay: but, except ye repent, ye shall all likewise perish. [4] Or those eighteen, upon whom the tower in Siloam fell, and slew them, think ye that they were sinners above all men that dwelt in Jerusalem? [5] I tell you, Nay: but, except ye repent, ye shall all likewise perish.

If you had done something specific that God was displeased with, I believe the Holy Spirit would bring it to your mind and convict your heart on the matter.

I think instead it is a path He wants you to walk in order for you to grow in maturity and understanding. I also think at some point you will see why He has allowed or caused this in your life.

Last edited:
We've both gone to doctors, I happily learned that my body has a perfect home for a baby to begin and grow.

My husband however, does indeed have a decline mainly due to age. Its more difficult for his seed to get around where it needs to go, so conceiving will be very difficult for us, it could happen but it also may never happen.

We've been trying for over a year now, I'm praying for guidance but I also have confidence in my husband no matter what happens. Where medical help fails, I have faith that God will prevail on my behalf and open my womb to my husband.
Practice makes perfect! Men much older have fathered children.

Back